Headers - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 14, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Randy

Headers

Looking to put ceramic coated headers on my 69 Camaro with mild built 350. Anyone have any recommendations for some decent headers at a decent price also...Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 14, 01:02 PM
Senior Tech
Ty

Re: Headers

Lots and Lots of options out there. These are inexpensive mid length headers and I am pretty sure they are ProComp. They make full length has well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SBC-350-Chev...e820de&vxp=mtr

I am sure they will require some massaging for the gear box, etc.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 14, 01:08 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

Everyone's definition of decent price for a particular item can vary quite a bit, what's your budget for the set of ceramic coated SBC headers you are looking for?

69 Camaro Z/28 RS, original Azure Turquoise, M21 & 3.73 12-bolt posi. NOM 406ci, AFR 210 heads, Straub hyd. roller cam & Dynatech 1-3/4" > 1-7/8" headers, QuickFuel 750 Annular. Photos at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 14, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Randy

don't really have a budget just want a good pair, i don't mind paying a bit extra for a good pair. i currently have a new Flowmaster system on now with stock manifolds and 2 1/2 inch pipes. I am also thinking full length Headers. I am hoping for plenty of clearance for both installation as well as plug access.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 14, 06:54 PM
Senior Tech
Anne

I like Hedman Elites. They have thicker 14 ga tubing and 3/8" flanges.

And they normally fit very well.

Be sure to break the coating in. Let it heat and cool several times without getting really hot.

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 14, 07:49 PM
Senior Tech
Mike

Dynatech for fit, finish and the best quality. They make a complete system with headers and stainless pipes. They utilize stainless band clamps and all the original mounting points for the hangers. I have had the system on my car for 3 years and love it. They are not cheep but you get what you pay for.

http://www.afcodynapro.com/content/6...ro-small-block

http://www.afcodynapro.com/content/l...aro-68-72-nova

go to there website for more info

Good luck with your decision.
Mike
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 14, 10:25 AM
Senior Tech
Dave

I've had hedman elites on my 69z/28 350/330ho vortec motor with a muncie 4 speed for 11 years now. They've held up pretty well. The coating is starting to rust between the tubes down by the collectors and i had to clearance them when i put power steering in do to the raised ports in the vortec heads. My next set will probably be dynatech for power steering fitment reasons.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 14, 05:59 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

Thorley 376Y1C for a street application , Above that Dougs D368.

Don
TC # 349
Zdld17:69 Z/RS,306, NOR141111, 9N554XXX, 12A, X3G, 59/59,723, AFR 195,CCC282/290HR, TKO 600, BU1122B1E Owner since Dec 1968

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 3rd, 14, 11:30 PM
Neil

Just test fitted a set of 740-21310 dynatech headers on my 67 camaro. They instal with ease But spark plug boot sits pretty close to pipe on cyl #3 "have afr 210 angle plug heads" and it also gets close to rag joint on stock power steering gear box. This was just a fast rough test fit. Other than that these headers fit and look really good.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 14, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Randy

Thanks guys, the Dynatech look nice, guess they don't give a good set away
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 14, 11:25 AM
Senior Tech
Todd

I'm doing the final test fit on some new headers (mid-length and long-tube, stock port and raised D-port versions also) coming out from Hooker this week that you may be interested in. These are the first clean-sheet header designs for a small block in a 1st-gen that's come out in a few years as far as I know and they were CAD modeled to deal with a lot of the fitment issues mentioned here (spark plug and steering box clearance for example). I'll be photographing the installation, so if you want to see clearance photos of any area/angle just let me know and I can post them up for you. What transmission/steering set-up are you running on your car?
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 14, 11:59 AM
Senior Tech
kevin

sorry to say, but I like my HOOKERS
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 14, 12:01 PM
Senior Tech
Mike

Garage

Dynatech for sure great fit and awesome look you wont be disappointed

67 RS 355sbc 11.76et @ 116mph 1.67 60' Deluxe Parchment interior
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 14, 05:25 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Keith

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to keithl1967

Patriots fit great, are around $300-$350, are made by the same parent company that makes Doug's, and I was able to use the stock location for my clutch return spring...they also give great steering box clearance, so if I ever get around to putting in a power box, I'll still be in great shape!

Keith
1967 Camaro
406, 10:1, comp xr282HR, Dart Iron Eagle 200cc, Holley Contender dual plane, Holley 750 DP
Muncie M-20
GM 8.5, 3.73 posi
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 14, 07:14 PM
Senior Tech
Todd

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat tire View Post
sorry to say, but I like my HOOKERS
Thanks for your support flat tire, if you've historically been a fan of Hooker headers, you will be very impressed with these new Hooker headers as they have features that move beyond what you normally get from Hooker/Headman/Dougs etc., such as TIG welded flat finished flanges, mild steel or stainless steel construction, included O2 bungs, stock A/C evaporator case compatibility and compatibility with the Ridetech Truturn system.

Both the mid-length and long-tube headers coming out will also be bolt-in compatible with the recently released Hooker 1st-gen F-body and 3rd-gen X-body exhaust systems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode