Fuel filter to Quadrajet - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 14, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Michael

Fuel filter to Quadrajet

Hey all I could use some more advice.

What are people doing in this situation… I have an original quadrajet carb. I need to run a line from the fuel filter. I'm considering buying this set of fuel lines from HBC: http://www.heartbeatcitycamaro.com/s...arb-3pcs-1969/

I think I only need the smallest one as I have the others but I don't see it for sale separately.

It looks like the smallest fuel line will thread into the carburetor. The issue is the connection between fuel line and fuel filter. It looks like the fuel line is threaded on both ends. The original style fuel filter was threaded to accept the line. See pic. This fuel filter costs 54.00. My fuel filter (which cost 4.00) does not have a threaded end to accept the line. It is meant for a hose.

Is the solution to buy the line from HBC, thread it into the carb, buy a connector fitting, thread it onto the filter-end of the line, join the connector to the filter with some tubing??

Is there a better way to do this? Would someone with a similar setup mind posting a pic of what they have? Thank you in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1376.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	76338   Click image for larger version

Name:	large-egp-2081.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	4.7 KB
ID:	76346   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1377.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	76354  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 14, 07:22 PM
Premium Member
Gordon

Re: Fuel filter to Quadrajet

Curious as to why you're running an external fuel filter when the Quadrajet has its own fuel filter as per the "filter" stamped on the fuel inlet on your carb?

67 Plain Jane being assembled with 427, 4 spd Muncie, 12 bolt rear with Mosers, 4 wheel discs
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 14, 07:23 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

I have only seen it as a kit. The small line is the return line and feeds off the top of the filter and then returns to the fuel line on the rail by the pump and then into the tank.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to send me a private message

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 14, 07:25 PM
Admin/Super Moderator
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordr View Post
Curious as to why you're running an external fuel filter when the Quadrajet has its own fuel filter as per the "filter" stamped on the fuel inlet on your carb?
It was the factory setup and it is for the fuel return lines more then a filter.

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 14, 07:46 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

Garage

I was running that fuel line setup before going to fuel injection earlier this year. I have the fuel lines and filter for sale. PM me if interested.

69 RS, Hugger orange/black, Deluxe interior, Sony AM/FM/XM/CD, PS & PB. 355, forged pistons, Eagle rods, balanced, Iron Eagles, 9.4:1 CR, .038 quench, XR270HR Cam, Z28 intake, FAST-EZ EFI 2.0, Thorley Tri-Ys, TCI 700R4, 2400 stall, 3.42 posi
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 14, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Michael

Sorry, I need to clarify. By "smallest line" I meant "shortest line". I think I'm set with the 1/4 return line. It's the line that runs from the top of the fuel filter canister to the carburetor that I'm having trouble with. I'm guessing I need an adapter either on the carburetor itself for a hose or an adapter connected to the canister filter end of the stainless steel line going into the carburetor.

It's a stock restoration and I'm trying o get the engine looking as original as possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode