Vacuum ideas off intake? - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 15, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tony

Vacuum ideas off intake?

Situation: After installing Performer RPM and Demon 650 vs I discovered the vacuum T that was on the stock intake won't fit under this carb. The hole sits right under the backside of curb and my T is too tall.

I am needing advice on how to run the PCV hose to carb and brake booster to intake? Ideas? Is there a really short T that will fit under? I'm trying to avoid a spacer under carb as RPM is already taller than stock.

1969 Camaro SS350, original motor/12 bolt/interior and build sheet in Fathom Green.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 15, 09:01 PM
Senior Tech
Don

Re: Vacuum ideas off intake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TClovis View Post
Situation: After installing Performer RPM and Demon 650 vs I discovered the vacuum T that was on the stock intake won't fit under this carb. The hole sits right under the backside of curb and my T is too tall.

I am needing advice on how to run the PCV hose to carb and brake booster to intake? Ideas? Is there a really short T that will fit under? I'm trying to avoid a spacer under carb as RPM is already taller than stock.
Here you go, it's a low profile fitting for just that purpose:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/...G9ZhoC8u_w_wcB

It's 90 but you can add what you need to make a Tee.

Don ~ TC Member #15 ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don't mess with Texas!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 15, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tony

Thanks. That shows performer and torker. I assume rpm is same? Is there another fitting that goes with that one?

1969 Camaro SS350, original motor/12 bolt/interior and build sheet in Fathom Green.

Last edited by TClovis; Apr 28th, 15 at 10:18 PM.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 15, 12:17 AM
Senior Tech
alex

They do that on purpose so that you will buy their carb which is a poor excuse for an old Carter AFB. Alex
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 15, 07:44 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
larry

Stack a couple of gaskets to raise the carb. Check hood clearance of course.
Larry

Larry AA/SA
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 15, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tony

I bought the edl-8096 and j9043 fittings on Summit. So I assume the fitting j9043 goes into 8096 and connects to booster and pcv straight to carb?

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 15, 07:51 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

You might find something to use at your local hardware store. Maybe a 90 degree threaded elbow or something. You could take your present fitting to match up the threads which are standard pipe threads.

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member # 159
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 15, 03:46 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Larry

I have the exact same intake and recently installed Demon carb and I am trying to figure out the same thing. There is not much room under the rear bowl as it seems they use the same one as the front with casting for the accelerator pump but just don't machine it to accept the pump (at least on my Demon). Maybe removing the extra casting material will give you enough room to use the above or this which I used on a different car: http://www.ebay.com/itm/230364313545...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
As for the PCV I think I am going to drill and tap a hole in a front runner since running the brake booster and PCV off the same source is not a great idea. I also need vacuum for my TH350 and RS headlight doors.
Did the fittings you ordered work?

68 RS Coupe 355/350 TH, Detroit Speed, Hotchkis, Vintage Air, 8.5" 3.42 posi 10-bolt, MagnaFlow 2 1/2" exhaust, etc.

"The public cannot be too curious concerning the characters of public men."
Samuel Adams
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 15, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tony

I'll know tomorrow on the fittings. I should get them tomorrow so I'll try it. My hope is I can run pcv to back of carb and use that fitting on intake under the bowl to booster.

I have th350 and vac advance hoses to side of carb ports.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 15, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryh56 View Post
I have the exact same intake and recently installed Demon carb and I am trying to figure out the same thing. There is not much room under the rear bowl as it seems they use the same one as the front with casting for the accelerator pump but just don't machine it to accept the pump (at least on my Demon). Maybe removing the extra casting material will give you enough room to use the above or this which I used on a different car: http://www.ebay.com/itm/230364313545...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
As for the PCV I think I am going to drill and tap a hole in a front runner since running the brake booster and PCV off the same source is not a great idea. I also need vacuum for my TH350 and RS headlight doors.
Did the fittings you ordered work?
Just curious what air cleaner you are running? I have the ss hood, which i guess is stock height and I can't figure out an air cleaner to buy. It has to be at least 1.25-1.50 I'm thinking and clear bowls, elec choke and not hit oil mounted vertically by distributor on intake.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode