regulator and pump problems - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 03, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Cruzin "the 82"

i have a comp 250 mallory fuel pump and a 4 port barrr grant fuel regulator. when i supply power, it pegs the pressure gauge past 15psi. on the regulator, there is a allen screw on top. on the pump, there is another allen screw on the side. these are feeding dual 660's on my boat. at what psi should i be running and how do you adjust the pressure. i have fuel leaking everywhere from the carbs when i supply power. how do i lower the psi? by the way, this is when the motor is not running. oh, i dont have a return line hooked up as this is for a boat.

angel

angel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 6th, 03, 09:28 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Although I'm not sure about the regulator your running - most regulators lower the pressure as the screw is backed-out (counterclockwise) and raise it as the screw is turned-in (clockwise).
I would recommend @ 4~5 PSI to start and raise to @7 PSI max if needed to prevent high end lean condition.
I run my carbed boat @5~6 with a BB and it works fine.

ps: Hows your back doing?

1968 Convertible
Some trucks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V8 things - some of which float

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 03, 02:59 AM
Senior Tech

If backing the screw out doesn't drop the pressure I would check for debris in the regulator.

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM ...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
Semper Fi! L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft, B Co 3rd AT's, Khe Sanh Combat Base, February, 1968

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 03, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Cruzin "the 82"

thanks, its the comp250 and man, it moves the fuel. im gonna try to back them out again today. hopefully it lowers the psi. as for my back, its still screwed. im going ot physical therapy today for a little bit of a massage. im getting an mri on the 14th. that way, ill know what im dealing with. the doctors havent really said anything. they just said "it takes time". what kind of boat do you have? wht lakes do you go to. i go to berryessa, lake san antonio, naciamento, and the delta. it an eliminator bubble deck.

onova, how does the debris in the pump raise the pressure?

thanks,
angel

angel

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 03, 07:37 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Cruzin "the 82"

sorry, double post due to flood protection.

angel

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 7th, 03, 11:56 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

I'll let Onova' reply to the reg. info - but if you think along the lines of a carb needle and seat with $hit in it you'll get the idea.

Why what a 'koinkidink'! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] - I have an older ELIMINATOR also! I keep it out at Orwood Resort in the Delta and usually use it out there - an original Delta Cruiser! The size (23) is just right for cruisin' to Lost Isle (for Adult beverages & ) and SugarBarge & the others (for something great to eat). The son and youngest daughter love the big wake for jumping and the older girls like the nice long decks for sunning. It's "Bright" Yellow with a big 'Eagle Motor Sports' decal on the back, you can't miss it. The 'misses' put my dreams of a new BB on hold this year - but, the new block is sitting on the stand next to the boat just waiting for some shiny new go fast stuff to magicly appear!
We also have a MasterCraft ProStar 21 (with a new and improved TPI/LT-1 in it now). We keep it up a Donner Lake in the Sierra's, pretty much stays right there in a boat house. Just went up for a week of sking a couple weeks ago, just too much fun even at my age.
Sorry this is so long - I love talkin' about and working on the boats almost as much as Camaros!
[img]graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

1968 Convertible
Some trucks

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 03, 03:58 AM
Senior Tech
Bob

If you are shooting gas all over make sure that you change your oil before you fire up that engine. You are probably filling the cylinders with fuel as well as leakinig it all over.

Bob
Garnet Red 69/SS396/TH400/355 Posi Sold
'02 triple blk Vette Vert. now
94 HD Dyna Wideglide
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 8th, 03, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Cruzin "the 82"

vintage. cool. bright yellow huh? check out the boat in the backgroung.

http://community.webshots.com/user/angelglozano

i think its the fourth picture. is it as bright as that because my boat is also yellow. but its only a 18.5 footer. i dont like taking it to the delta much because of the wakes. i use my boat for skiing, racing around but mostly trolling foir bass. lol its funny when i pull into a cove and pull out my rod and reel and start fishing. people just look at me wierd.

angel

angel

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 9th, 03, 01:48 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Holy $ - we must be long lost twins!

- we'll have to arrange a Team Ski weekend get together sometime! Now -if I can just stay home a couple weekends in a row.
Wonder how many othe rlocals have boats and could meet up?
Can't tow with the 68 though [img]graemlins/sad.gif[/img]

1968 Convertible
Some trucks

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 03, 05:53 AM
Gold Member
Todd

Vintage;
My favorite Delta hangout used to be Tower Park,
Last couple of years it's the RV spot at Orwood. My Ski Brendella works great but I couldn't flat tow it with my 69 Z from Lancaster to the Delta. By the by we'll be up the weekend of the 22 to play at Orwood. Hey I know if you've been there there's a guy at the Trailer park by the ramp that has a genny 67 GT350, sure would like to wrestle it from him even if it is a Ford.

Todd

69Z

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 03, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Cruzin "the 82"

that would be cool. having a ski trip weekend. wouldnt be a site to have the camaros pulling the boats?. but only in my dreams. i would stress out my 68 or 69 like that. that is what my blazer is for. now only if i can get my regulator to work

angel

angel

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old Aug 10th, 03, 09:04 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

V1018DZ;
Yep - Orwood is a great Delta place and only getting better with all Jack and John's (new owners) work over the last couple years. If you haven't been there this year you are in for a shock! The old store is gone (now located across the lagoon) and there are Three! new boat ramps (all straighter!!!), They dredged the inlet, relocated the fuel pumps to the chanel side by the bridge, fenced off the camp grounds and built three new larger dry storage buildings (I'm still in D-block) the old resturant is still untouched and serving those great "Okie-Tacos"! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Launch fees are still $10. weekends and $6. weekday - which beats the hell out of the normal $25. fees other places (I still get to launch for free ).
They took out some of the old trailers and really cleaned up the other spots - but I think the guy (Paul?) with the GT350 is still there. Last time I saw it it was in garage on the left as you drive in (the old boat repair place). I'll have to ask around next time I'm out. You wouldn't believe some of the cars I've seen stored out there over the years, Corvettes, Jags, Old Indy car, 'Yogi's' airplane, antique trucks & vehicles, etc... sometimes I think people store everthing but boats out there - but the rent is cheap for the bay area!
Won't be able to make it out because we're going up to the Sierras (Donner Lake) to meet some friends and Ski - if it changes I'll be sure to let you know (last phone con. with them was to try to change it to this weekend) - love'd to meet up with you if I could.
My parents live in Big Bear Lake and I'll be heading down that way over Labor Day. So I'll drive right by your area, as I go the back way through the valley to avoid 'Rim of the World'.
This "boat" get together sounds like fun [img]graemlins/beers.gif[/img] - but we're runnin out of weekends this year! Maybe if it doesn't happen this summer we can plan a weekend next year between Pleasanton, Hot August & ?
Ya know Angel I did pull my Flat-bottoms years ago with my Camaros - but they weighted a lot less than my Cruiser does.
Is the reg. still giving you trouble?

[ 08-10-2003, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Vintage 68 ]

1968 Convertible
Some trucks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode