mufflers for 69 with dual exhaust - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 03, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

I am going to get the Series 50 flowmaster mufflers for my small block 69 RS/SS. I need to know from those of you that have dual exhaust with two mufflers, do you have mufflers that have center in/out or center in/offset out or offset in/center out. I am not sure what would work out the best by just looking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 13th, 03, 11:44 AM
Senior Tech
Bob

I have a 69 SS with a 454 in it and flowmaster 40s. They are offset in and center out.

Bob
Garnet Red 69/SS396/TH400/355 Posi Sold
'02 triple blk Vette Vert. now
94 HD Dyna Wideglide
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 03, 04:07 PM
Senior Tech

Be sure to check the length of the 50's for proper fit if you plan on installing them in the stock location.
Guy

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 14th, 03, 05:55 PM
Senior Tech
Rich

I have the Flowmaster American Thunder Single Muffler system on my 69 RS/SS . The muffler tucks up in the stock place and sounds great.I had the muffler shop put the good chrome tips on it that give it a stock look. If you went with the dual muffler system you lose a lot ground clearance the way the stock floorpan is on a 69 Camaro.Thanks Rich T.

"There comes a time in every man's life and I've had many of them" Casey Stengel
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 03, 04:37 AM

You got the answer, off set in, center out. I might add; The Flowmaster Delta 50's will fit but they require a bit more talent to install. (As I'm told.) As the story went, the input and output pipes need to be trimmed back a little. I'm not quite sure on this. I'm checking another shop before this happens. (This will be the third system in as many years.) Bottom line, be careful when deciding on the shop you'll use or go slow and sure if you do it yourself.

Currently I have a dual Flowmaster Delta 40's and the interior resonance is just too much. I just purchased the Flowmaster Delta 50's and I'm waiting for a Dr. Gas "X-Pipe" and the rear tailpipes. The Delta 50's need to be cut, trimmed and snugged in. I hope this will be the "tune" I'm looking for.

Rick.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 03, 06:18 AM
Senior Tech
Zach

i have dynomax ultra flows on my car, love them, great sound. they're offset in and center out.

69 Camaro - LeMans blue w/ black vinyl top - 350/TH350
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode