Engine Frame Mounts/Motor Mounts - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 04, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

I'm having some motor mount to frame pad alignment problems. I have a original 6 Cyl car that was converted to a 327 by the previous owner. When pulling the engine the motor mount pins were very hard to remove, I'm not sure how he ever got them in. The frame pads are labeled 3945507 (L) and 3945508 (R). After reading some previous posts it appears that these were used in 1969 302, 350 high horse. When I lower the engine back in with new motor mounts the left hole matches up the the right hole is about 1/4-1/2" off. I have tried every possible enging mount for a 1968 application, nothing seems to work. Should I replace the 69 frame mount pads with 307, 327 pads. Any recomendations on suppliers for good quality reproductions. THanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 04, 10:32 PM
Senior Tech

since you have 69 302/350 frame mounts, why not get 69 302/350 engine mounts?

you don't plan sincerity.
you have to make it up on the spot.

wanna hear about 20 years ago when i was too smart to know any better?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 04, 01:54 AM

Smile

There are four rubber mounts, three old ones and a newr type.

Yes, you need to correct year AND rubber motor mounts as well as year AND steel motor frame mounts for everything to fit stock even though you can mix and match..

But M&M'ing will probably lead to frustrating header fitment problems, imho..

pdq67

PS., I have posted the whole "Frame and Rubber Table" containing this way back when if you want to do a search.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 04, 03:52 AM Thread Starter

I have tried the 69 302/350 mounts and they were not close. The mounts were much to wide. Maybe they gave me the wrong ones. The fact that the 327 block is out of a 1964 Chevrolet model?? should not matter correct?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 04, 09:33 AM
Senior Tech

if you tried all matching parts, and it still doesn't fit, i'd suspect that maybe the frame is tweaked or something. all Chev V8's from the '56 265 to the new 8100 in the new all trucks have the same 3 bolt mounting pattern on the side of the block- even the 348/409 "W" series used the same mounts- so that would not be the problem.
get your frame checked out and go from there.

you don't plan sincerity.
you have to make it up on the spot.

wanna hear about 20 years ago when i was too smart to know any better?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old May 4th, 04, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

After trying motor mounts from 2 different local auto part chain stores I went discovered that NAPA had a application (69, 302, CI, Part# BK-6021106)that was different than the rest I tried previously. According to measurements these should align perfectly.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old May 4th, 04, 08:13 AM

Smile

Glad you found them b/c I do know they are different in subtle ways which can give fits at installation time..

pdq67

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode