Help I need Info Please soon!!!!! - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old May 17th, 04, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Question

Hey Guys I need some Info Please
I got this eng. need to know what to do as far as getting parts for it here is the #'s
in the Head is 462624
on the back side of the motor on driver side is
GM 14010207
on both sides of it on the lower part of block it has A 207
what is it the guy I got it from said it is a 350
with 2.02 heads I want to put it in my 67 but dont know what parts to buy it needs everything vavle covers intake carb flywheel i am going to need a bellhousing and a clutch set up for a munchie 4 spd any advice will help!!! thanks guys!!!! KC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old May 17th, 04, 02:57 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike

The engine is a 1980-85 350. The heads are 350 heads from same time frame. The heads came in a variety of valve sizes with this casting number.

Thats about all I can tell you. I'm not sure if that would be a direct bolt in or not.

Team Camaro Gold Member #14

1967 Camaro RS/z28 - one of 602 made - SOLD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1969 Camaro RS/SS L48 4 speed
1974 Camaro LT-Z/28 4 speed 33K orig miles
1979 Camaro Z/28 36K orig miles
1987 Monte Carlo SS 25K orig mi bought new by me.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old May 17th, 04, 04:26 PM
Senior Tech

Make a buddy out of a local engine builder and get his advice. Let him handle any machine work or head work you may need.

Dave

Dave
========================
68 Coupe, 350 w/ Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, cam, intake, 700R4, Dave's small body HEI

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old May 17th, 04, 04:35 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

I have a low mileage 1980 350 Chevy with those same castings. The heads are known to be crack prone. One of mine does not match the date of the other so I am willing to wager that the original one cracked under warranty. The block is fine.

If you are interested in modification advice, start with different heads. That would be the best mod to make IMHO. Good heads make all the other modifications work better. You will gain reliabillity as well.

-Mark.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old May 18th, 04, 06:16 AM
Guess

The 207 block is very common from those years. I have a 4-bolt one on a stand I took out of an '80 4x4 Chevy pickup. It had 882 heads on it though.
I've heard that those blocks are prone to cracking in the lifter valley. Get it magged!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode