Try a search on this subject in our Performance section - its been gone over a few times before.
Here's a quick run-down:
Check your local rules, I'm pretty sure its against Fed laws not sure what enforcement is like in your area.
1. New distributor. Like one from a pre-computer car (like '75-'79)
2. New fuel pump. TBI uses a high pressure pump, a carb only needs about 6psi.
3. New exhaust system. The stock cat converter will eventually plug up if you run it rich with a carburator.
4. A way to shut off the "Check Engine Light". The computer will freak when it looses input from the engine.
5. New bracket for the TV cable - if you have a 700R4 tranny (or 200-4R) the cable must be adjusted correctly or you will fry your trans.
6. A way to tape up and keep the stock engine harnes out of the way --- or it will get burned on your exhaust and short out.
There is probably more . . .
PS. You might try finding a Holley Throttle Body from a ProJection system instead. They flow a bit more than the stock throttle body (like 670 cfm) so there is performance to be gained without ditching all your fuel injection stuff.
E85 racer and E85 carb builder
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
68 Camaro, E85 powered 427" small block. 9.96 @ 133 MPH, 1.319 sixty foot on motor. 5.92 eighth @ 116 with a 1.42 sixty breaking beams with back tire on the bottle