I am putting my motor/trans combo back into my 69. The car had been PowerGlide equipped which I swapped to a Muncie-20 that I recently rebuilt. During this process I pulled the entire front end off of the car and replaced the heater blower, repaired/replaced the sub frame bushings and repainted/detailed the firewall and sub frame. Iíve also replaced the master cylinder, brake lines and wiring.
I picked up new GM motor mounts and installed them onto the motor. One of the old ones was cracked. In order to get the motor mount bolts through the holes I had to loosen all the bolts on both sides of he cross member to frame mounts and even with that I still had to beat the second motor mount bolt through with a hammer. Iíve yet to try and tighten the six bolts on the cross member but can tell that the rubber in the mount will be under quite a bit of tension once they are all drawn up snug. Is this normal or should I have approached this in a different manner.
Thanks for any advice!
[This message has been edited by GDV350SS (edited 08-31-2002).]
I'm heading over to the garage now and will take along the info provided and see if I can figure this out.
Note to David: Your website is terrific!! What a great resource!! Also, I tried to sign the guest book on your site but was not able to access the page. I kept receiving an error message on that link.
Note to Camcojb: What a great looking 69!! The rest of your stable of steeds are also unbeleivable!! If you find that you need some extra room to store any of them I'm offering a warm, dry, lovely space or two next to my 69 back here in good old PA Dutch country, home of the Amish
[This message has been edited by GDV350SS (edited 09-01-2002).]