350 engine numbers? - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 04, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

trying to find out where my engine came from, the rear housing # is 3970010 and the pad # is k02 07 tky. if nay knows them or can tell where to find out thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 04, 07:26 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

You have a McKinnon Foundries LS-9 350 from a mid to late 70's Truck. You will need to find and check the casting date to make a better quess as to which year unless you can find the partial VIN and decode it for application.
These are usually good 4-bolt bolts for mild performance builds depending on the past use and repairs to the motor.
Most of the heads used on these motors are junk for reuse on a performance motor. They are also very prone to cracking even in normal use.

Hope some of this helps

1968 Convertible
Some trucks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V8 things - some of which float
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 04, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

thanks for your info, the heads are not from the this engine, #'s are 3970126 on the heads.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 18th, 04, 02:50 PM

Hi Vintage, I'm looking for the same as "hoffa," can you help me out? I think it's out of a dump truck from "74".....#s K09 14 TJC
Thanks, Rich
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 04, 04:48 AM
Guess

1973-74 TJC LS-9 350ci conv.cab - 155-160hp 4bbl C-20 to 3500

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 04, 05:59 AM

TKY = 1974 trucks, C20
and K20, 350, four barrel, 160hp, TH350/400 A/T.

pdq67

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 22nd, 04, 08:35 PM

help. same as everyone else. i pretty much have every number written down off the egine. D5 6(April 5, ?6) is the casting. how else can i find the date? which numbers tell me where it came from? and i have the 010 and 020 marking on the block. i was going to sell it because i just put a down payment on a new 383, but i read this block is rare. how valuable?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 23rd, 04, 06:21 PM
Retired
Jim

Lets have Bill move this to Tag section where the number guru's hang out [img]smile.gif[/img]

Click..is Jim..former owner of a 69RS-LM1 350/255 - 700r
"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished,
That will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 24th, 04, 06:43 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Quote:
Originally posted by mr. black:
help. and i have the 010 and 020 marking on the block. i was going to sell it because i just put a down payment on a new 383, but i read this block is rare. how valuable?
High Alloy blocks are not "rare" - they are very common in HD/truck/marine use...
Standard high production passenger blocks do not need 'exotic' alloys to survive and give good service life.

by 'Click'
"Lets have Bill move this to Tag section where the number guru's hang out"

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

John

1968 Convertible
Some trucks

Other V8 things - some of which float

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode