pdq67 running yet ??? - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 04, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Bob

Well... Is that '67 tow truck running yet????????? Or did the computer go out to the garage and kill it in a jealous rage?

Bob
Garnet Red 69/SS396/TH400/355 Posi Sold
'02 triple blk Vette Vert. now
94 HD Dyna Wideglide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 19th, 04, 07:38 PM

HA! i too wonder if i will live to see the day that his tow truck is running! how bout some pics at least!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 04, 02:57 AM

No, not yet.. But I'm about to get my new aluminum radiator in place..

Let's see, big heater hose to the water pump and top heater hose nipple and little heater hose to the intake and bottom heater nipple, is that right??

So it's getting close..

I don't know if I'm gonna have to order a new fiberglass hood or not?? I bought a Mr. Gasket 2" tall air filter to try in place of the 3" one that's in my drop top air cleaner and the only way it will filter is if I make a 1/2" spacer!!

I don't know if it's that a good an idea to run my air cleaner lid that close to my carb. or not??

My 3310-2 and Strip. Dom. single plane sticks up kinda high.... I haven't removed the old, dirty fiberglass hood inner lining so don't know how much room there actually is??

Boy, I'm havin' fun... NOT!!!

pdq67

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 04, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Heater hose routing is correct. You may at a later date, want to restrict the flow in the small hose to prevent heater core from springing a leak when engine is at high rpm's.

Had this event happen to me with another car.

The lower the lid to the carb intake, the more restriction for air to enter, plus, upsetting the air calibration for the other fuel circuits, and bolw vents also.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden … enjoy your next chapter.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 04, 08:42 AM
Senior Tech

Paul, as high as that hood was when it hit the carb when we tried closing the hood makes me think there is going to be no way around either getting a shorter intake or a cowl hood. I'll be available again this weekend to offer a hand if you need it. Although, seems like when I'm over there, no work gets done

"This is not a cheerocracy...I make the cheercisions around here"
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 04, 04:18 PM

He, He!!

I know Travis!!

We just get ta "yah-yahin'" too much..

But good times none the less!!

I bought 25' of welding cable today and two "stud" ferrule ends and one h/d lead terminal. Gotta go back and get the mate to the lead one in a couple a days when it comes in..

Next will be a battery box in the trunk..

pdq67

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 04, 04:49 PM

nothing speaks louder then PICTURES
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 20th, 04, 05:23 PM
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally posted by Drag Fabricator:
nothing speaks louder then PICTURES
You want loud? Wait until he fires this thing up with his glasspack exhaust It'll probably bring the cops running faster than the midnight fireworks show a couple of weekends ago
I've got my digital camera with me, but since it is after dark when I get over there I couldn't really get any good pics. I would like to show the guys some pics of those 265 heads. Those are a odd looking bit of history right there.

"This is not a cheerocracy...I make the cheercisions around here"
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Sep 21st, 04, 02:11 AM

He, He!!

Travis,

I really enjoy your company...... As Bob Barker say's, Come on down!! (Or in your case, up from JCMO)...

pdq67

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode