I have been having some difficulty getting my thermostat housing to seal to the intake. I am using an aftermarket chrome unit with the o-ring seal onto an aluminum intake. O-ring only didn't work. Ground off chrome, making sure to keep surface flat, removed o-ring and used sealant combined with double standard gasket; didn't work. Now I'm going to use the Permadry Plus gasket from Felpro. My question on this is; do I keep the o-ring in the thermostat housing, or should I remove it and if I remove it, do I need to fill the groove with some epoxy and regrind it flat. I don't want to have to redo this again.
Bolero Red/Black 67 rs/ss, 350 4-sp, Deluxe interior, slowly becoming a restomod
Aqua blue/White 77 LT Type, Built 305 auto, in the restomod process, wife's car since high school.