Vacuum port on intake - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 05, 05:00 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Hi All,

I have a holley 650 dp that has no vacuum ports. I drilled a 1 inch spacer and press fit the ports that I need. It works great, except now I can only run a 2.5 inch airfilter cartrige on a drop aircleaner. I think the top of the aircleaner should be higher than it is. Has anyone drilled and tapped holes into a dual plane rpm? I need a port for my dist. one for brakes, and one for pcv. Would I drill them on the short runner side or the long runner side, or should I drill them right at the divider?? Thanks for your thoughts.

Dan

68 Camaro 383, afr, roller cc, 700-R4, 12 bolt, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 05, 08:05 AM
Senior Tech
Al

Are you sure your Holley 650DP has no vac ports? Not that I'm doubting you, but I find that very odd. Mine has a big one on the base plate exiting straight to the rear under the rear float bowl, and a small one on the base plate on the passenger side front, plus a ported outlet in the front metering block. List 4777-2.

For your Perf RPM, there should be a tapped hole on one of the port runners that would be on the back side of the manif and sit under the rear float bowl. Edelbrock makes a low profile 90* vacuum fitting that allows you to use this port without a carb spacer. Edelbrock part # is 8096.

I think if I were going to drill and tap the manifold for a vac fitting, I'd me most inclined to drill below the carb mounting flange into the plenum on the rear side. But I've never actually done it.

For my power brakes, I used the big port on the back of the Holley. I "teed" into that line and used that for my PCV. Somebody told me that wasn't the greatest idea, but honestly, it works fine and I've had no problems.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 05, 05:28 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team

The 650 is from the HP series and has no ports on it at all.

That is a good idea for the brakes. My PCV is in the front so I would need to drill one there and one smaller hole at the back for my vac advance.

I think this will require more thought.

thanks BPOS for your comments.

d

68 Camaro 383, afr, roller cc, 700-R4, 12 bolt, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode