350 (Suggestions for moe power) - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 23rd, 04, 05:31 AM Thread Starter

I just purcashed a 350 engine and I was wondering how I could get a little more power out of it.I don't know all of the engine details but I can list all that I know. It has an edlebrock aliminum intake, 600 cfm edlebrock carb, headers, gm high performance heads, CR ration probably around 9:1. The guy figures it has around 300 horsepower. I was thinking about putting on roller rockers and adding a new cam. I want to run power brakes so I can't have to radical of a cam. Can someone make a suggestions to rockers and cam from comp cams that would be good for this combo. I would like a lobe sound to the engine.Also do I need need to run new valve springs, lfters etc. I am looking for the most bang for the buck. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 04, 03:12 AM

What kind of exaust system are you planning on using and do u want a rough idle or smooth idle.Also are u using a stock torQe converter.and what type of lifters.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Dec 25th, 04, 06:19 AM
Senior Tech
Brandon

Garage
From Comp, the largest cam you can go to before having to rework the spring seats on the heads is a 270H pn# 12-211-2 or the 270S. They have a .470 lift with 270 duration. Couple these up with some 1.6 full roller rockers and you end up with .501 lift. I dont recall the kit to go with it, but call the tech support and they can tell you the correct springs. I want to say 853, but not sure. They are an oval spring so they allow more lift even though they are stock height. They ran about $140 I think. These will give you a nice lope at idle with a good mid to upper torque range. Full length headers will compliment by sublimenting the lowerend with more torque. Toss on a larger carb though, that 600 wont cut it. This cam also puts you on the cusp of just out of stock torque converters. So pick one up at 2400 that flashes to 2800 and your all set.

Brandon J. licence 1NASTY67

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode