Carb Recommendation Needed - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 05, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

I currently have a stock Rochester 2-bbl with thermostatic (heat) choke on my stock 307 (1969 camaro)...
I want to install a polished 4-bbl intake, & picked up a polished, Cyclone Performer with a Rochester quadrajet profile.

I'd like to get an Edelbrock carb (with an electric choke setup), but don't want to over-fuel the damn thing.

Would someone recommend the 600 cfm or 650cfm model? What carb would best give me durability
(over "performance") and can someone recommend
a particular Edelbrock model? Would this necessitate another linkage setup? Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 05, 12:26 PM
Senior Tech
Eric

Edelbrock #1406. 600 cfm, square flange, electric choke.

Use with the Performer EPS manifold # 27012 (permastar finish -- not polished but a slick silver powder coating)

Not sure about linkage -- but if its not an exact fit it should be fairly easy to adapt your existing to the new carb. You might need to redo your fuel line too.

PS. I am assuming that you do NOT have an EGR . . . not sure when they started that biz in Califormia. If you have an EGR and need to keep it the manifold and carb PN will change.

E85 racer and E85 carb builder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

68 Camaro, E85 powered 427" small block. 9.96 @ 133 MPH, 1.319 sixty foot on motor. 5.92 eighth @ 116 with a 1.42 sixty breaking beams with back tire on the bottle
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 05, 12:47 PM
Senior Tech
Chad

Salerno your post sounds like you already have the manifold?If it is a spreadbore intake just use a qjet.I ran a performer and qjet on my 69 Chevelle with a 307 and a glide and it ran real good.

67 Plum Mist Met. 408 TH350 3.08 posi
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 05, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team

Yes, I already have the Cyclone intake (see E-Bay item #7948669256) which will take the Quadrajet; it has the quadrajet . But the quad is a 750cfm, and this may be too much for the 307.... I'd hate to buy a quadrajet @ $260-300 and have to much carb for the 307... But I know what you're saying: those primaries are pretty small and itmay be okay for use... Can someone review the Cyclone intake & maybe make a recommendation. Again, looking for consistency over power...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 05, 02:20 PM
Senior Tech
Chad

With the air valve secondary the qjet works well on all size engines.Either carb. will work on that intake it has both bolt patterns.

67 Plum Mist Met. 408 TH350 3.08 posi

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 18th, 05, 03:14 PM
Senior Tech
Eric

The Q-jet will work fine on your 307. The small primaries are what makes the Q-jet good for a wide variety of different size motors. GM used it on everything from the 500 cid Caddy's down to the little 262 as I recall.

I didn't see you already had the manifold and carb already . . . just use what you already have

E85 racer and E85 carb builder

68 Camaro, E85 powered 427" small block. 9.96 @ 133 MPH, 1.319 sixty foot on motor. 5.92 eighth @ 116 with a 1.42 sixty breaking beams with back tire on the bottle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode