Fuel injection problem - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old Sep 7th, 04, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

My car is a 89' 2.8L (6 cyl) muti-port fuel injection camaro. I rebuilt the heads, and put it back together, and this car suprized me with how it ran - for short, I fell in love with it. However, the car thought that even though I had already done much mechanincal work on it, I was not yet worthy of its freindship. Not until I had ventured into it's fuel injection would I be worthy. What I am saying is it took a @X*%! . On the secondary test drive it would cut out when I gave any gas at all. And after it cut out it would either return with great deal of power, or completly die out. The problem progressed, and would not run at all. The engine was flooding, so bad that it filled the crank case with gas. I ran a diagnostic and came up with a code 22, or throtle posistion sensor. I replaced it according to the book which just says "line it up," even though I know that your supposed to set with the amount of ohm coming out. I still got that code, then also got a code for the mass air flow sensor, and egr sensor, but only sometimes. Some people on this web site told me to check my presure regulator by checking fuel pressure out of the fuel rail, and I did, it runs at 42 pounds- right where it should be, so I dont think its that, then I also checked the signal going into the injectors, and it had a good pulse, which is all the book said to check for. So here I am about out of ideas, with a car that I have yet to earn its respect.
Thank you for any input Leviathan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode