What engine do I have on my 67?? - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 04, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Hey guys, I'm new so this is gonna sound stupid, so I'm just gonna say it. How do I know what kind of engine I have in my 67 Camaro? I bought it off a friend for a really, really good deal, and it was in good condition but he said the engine wasn't stock but he has no idea what it is. Now maybe he's comfortable with that, but I'm not. What I do know: it looks more recent then a 67 engine, it looks like an early 80's engine. I did have someone tell me that it was an engine from a 82 vette, but who knows. Is there anyway to find out for sure without tearing the engine out? Are there serial numbers on it somewhere? Where? Do I just post them here when I find them? Thanks alot! -Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 04, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Oh, just thought of something. I can take pictures. Would that help anyone or not really? Lemme know. I have a camera and its sitting right outside. Thanks again.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 04, 10:59 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Welcome to Team Camaro "camaro-town" [img]graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

If you look on the front passengers side of the engine there should be a pad that has several identification stampings on it.
Clean the pad with solvent, scrape any excess paint away if necessary and use a flashlight (and magnifing glass if necessary) to see the numbers.
Also check the 'Casting' number at the rear drivers side of the block for the numbers there - these will help identify the type.
Record them ALL! and post in the 'Tag Team' Forum and you will get some quick responses.

Hope this helps;

John

1968 Convertible
Some trucks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V8 things - some of which float
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 04, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Whoops, sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum. Didn't know that's what that meant. Thanks alot for the info, lemme go try and get it now. -Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode