CS130 Smaller Than A 12SI???? - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 29th, 04, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I am using a '95 GMC pick up truck aluminum serpentine bracket that mounts the power steering pump, and alternator on top of each other (stacked) on the driver side of the motor.

I went to install my old 12SI one-wire alternator and find that the cradle in the bracket for the alternator is made for a smaller alternator.. The two mounting points are closer together and it does not look like my current alternator will work.

Can someone tell me if the CS120 is smaller, and if that is the proper application for use with this bracket? I guess I could order up a '95 GMC alternator and go that route if necessary.

If the '95 GMC alternator is not a CS120, does anyone know of an application that would allow me to find a CS120 to work with this bracket?

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you for your time!

[ 09-30-2004, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: Go69 ]

1969 383CI, T-56, 12 bolt-3.31 posi, 13" C5 Rotors, PBR Calipers, rear disc system..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 04, 12:21 PM
Senior Tech

I didn't know there was a CS120, but a CS130 is smaller than both the 12SI and 10SI. The mounts are a little different as well on the CS130. The most common mount has the top ear located at the 10:30 position. There are a few different orientations, but the 10:30 design is for a 92 chevy truck if I recall. Check the tech reference section of this site. You can find it from the home page. Follow the links in example for great pictures and details for model numbers and application.

Dave
========================
68 Coupe, 350 w/ Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, cam, intake, 700R4, Dave's small body HEI
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old Oct 1st, 04, 01:00 AM
Senior Tech

yes- it is a bit smaller- like 1/2" smaller. but this is just the excuse you needed to upgrade to the better alt, anyways.
there are 3 different case variations in the CS130 lineup- a straight across bolt pattern like the old style laternators we all grew up with, one with the threaded small hole offset to the "left" and one with the threaded hole offset to the "right" (as you look at it from the front). in either case, you can rotate the electrical plug to 3 different "clockings" by taking the 3 bolts that hold the case halves together and rotating the housing to get the plug pointing whichever direction you want.

you don't plan sincerity.
you have to make it up on the spot.

wanna hear about 20 years ago when i was too smart to know any better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode