Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Austin, TX, USA
If you are using braided teflon with compression type fittings.
1. Tape the line with strapping tape and mark to cut.
2. Use a fine toothed hack saw to cut the line. Do not use anytool that crushes the line to cut it.
3. use needle nose plyers to flar out the end of the tubing slightly - slightly. If you don't, the tubing won't seat in the ferrel properly.
4. Install the ferrel. Make sure the tubing seats fully. Gently persuade the tubing into position if necessary with a blunt object, smooth end of a drill bit, etc.
5. Install the threaded compression sleeve on the tubing.
6. Remove what is left of the tape.
7. Put a drop of oil on the fitting nipple.
8. Force the tubing over the nipple.
9. Put a drop of oil on the threads.
10. Install the compression sleave and tighten until the correct gap is obtained.
11. You may have to repeat this process a time or two to get the fitting oriented correctly (for angled fittings only). The tubing will want to turn when you tighten the cap.
68 Coupe, 350 w/ Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, cam, intake, 700R4, Dave's small body HEI