'67 Z-bar length. - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 03, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Angry

I just changed out my stock upper A-arm shafts this afternoon for offset ones and in the process, said, what the hey, I will measure my Z-bar!!

It's 9" long and is a stock '67 350 motor one...

Hope this info. helps, now if I can just find the BB Z-bar length info.???

pdq67

PS., You know, I can't believe I used ta roll around in the gravel, dirt and grass doing this stuff when I was a kid with no more then a 2 ton bottle jack!!

Now, a smooth, clean concrete floor and a small 2.5 ton floor jack just makes things sooooo much easier...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 03, 02:04 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
Cool

I would think the General would have lengthen the engine Z-bar pivot ball rather than lengthen the tubing of the shaft.

I feel your pain. Ever rebuild an International "M" (farm tractor) rear axle in the corn field? Broken spider gears, couldn't move it, axle locked up. Forty-two gallons of gear lube, as the trans and axle were in one large cast iron housing.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden Ö enjoy your next chapter.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 03, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Smile

I hear you Everett..

Had to change out the big electric tamper head motors on the old tamper I ran when I was kid on the RR on the siding between trains. Not much grease but still a real drag.. Always had to beg somebody to help me and they had their own maintenance to pull so generally couldn't...Suckers were like a small 24 can pony keg and three times as heavy!!

I figure a BB Z-bar is a schosh shorter so I just gotta take time here and do a search for it b/c I know it is hear..

pdq67

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 03, 12:10 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

Angry

The z bar for a big block is 9 1/2". Makes sense as the drivers side frame mount is 1/2" taller moving the engine towards the passenger side by 1/2". [img]smile.gif[/img]

67 3L 4P Project Car

I just had to have some wings.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

67 RS/SS Pictures

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 7th, 03, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Smile

Thx cpodeep,

That jibes with all the posts I finally got around to pulling up to check.

Heck, I might just fudge and shim the block ball stud some and keep on running the one I got??

I do remember that the old 409 "W" motor swallowed the block ball stud real good, but of course it was on all SB mount stuff..

pdq67

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 03, 11:51 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Scott

pdq67,
That was a posting that I really had to think about before I wrote it. I started to say that I had just gone out to the garage and measured mine and it was 9 1/2" long. I assumed everyone would call me a liar, so I just stuck to the facts.

67 3L 4P Project Car

I just had to have some wings.

67 RS/SS Pictures

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 8th, 03, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Angry

No, not at all b/c the information is what is wanted! Not how you got it as long as it is correct..

And thx again.

pdq67

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 03, 12:09 AM
Senior Tech

ahh.. pdq missed the big "sausage" joke...

you don't plan sincerity.
you have to make it up on the spot.

wanna hear about 20 years ago when i was too smart to know any better?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 03, 01:55 AM Thread Starter

Smile

No I haven't heard that one???

Tell it to me at my home e-mail address if it isn't clean enough to tell here for everybody, including Angie to see!

pdq67

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 03, 02:01 AM
Senior Tech

Talking

Missed it twice there, Paul [img]tongue.gif[/img]
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Oct 9th, 03, 08:27 AM Thread Starter

Red face

Oh, just got the joke!!!!

It's like;

"That's why the Ladies can't estimate lengths very well b/c they have been told "it's twelve inches long, but in reality it actually measures six", too many times if that is what you are talking about???"

And I'm trying real hard to be good here!!!!

pdq67

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode