heads for 327? - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 03, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Should i buy 350 heads to my 327/210.
or edelbrock performer rpm heads for hp.
Is that worth the extra bucks ??
Do someone have any
head ideas for my mild 327 setup?

Mvh Ok,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 03, 05:55 PM
Senior Tech
Tom

Angry

The vortech's are great for 327's IMHO. What kind of 350 head are you considering ? Make sure the chamber is small, around the 64 cc's like the double humps had and the intake runners are small, like around 180cc's etc.

69 Camaro -originally a LM1 car. 327, Edelbrock E-streets, hooker, DUI performance distributors, ultradyne cam, stewart, TRW etc. Vintage Air, AGR steering, Corbeau GTSII seats, 700R4 transmission, 12-bolt w/Eaton 4.11:1
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 03, 03:09 AM Thread Starter

Is it possible to use edelbrock performer rpm intake manifoil #7101 to the vortech heads??

ok

[ 07-21-2003, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: oddrod ]

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 03, 08:25 AM
Senior Tech
Tom

Unhappy

No, they have a different bolt pattern. You can buy a different manifold and valve covers or get heads that are drilled and tapped for the old style. (more money). Another possibility is to buy diffent heads like the RPM's, world, Dart, etc.

Check out: http://www.sdpc2000.com/cart.asp?act...art&catid=2172

69 Camaro -originally a LM1 car. 327, Edelbrock E-streets, hooker, DUI performance distributors, ultradyne cam, stewart, TRW etc. Vintage Air, AGR steering, Corbeau GTSII seats, 700R4 transmission, 12-bolt w/Eaton 4.11:1
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 03, 06:24 PM

Smile

Please read what I posted under the 327/210 post above and hopefully it will be of some help.

As for a lo-po 327 motor, the CR. is so low that you just can't slap a good sized cam her AND get her to run good..

My .040" over 327 with about 9.75 to 10 to 1 CR. and with medium valved double humpers ran great with no more then a Little Fireball type cam in her so this should tell you something!!

Please look into the 305HO, -416 heads b/c they just may be the ticket for you and a 327 hi-po motor runs really great with no bigger then the stock, -461x big valved headed variety with ports right at 170cc's..

The usual heads on alot of the hi-po motors were like just medium valved sized double humpers at 160cc's or so..

And don't forget to install a cheap set of headers b/c the little motor likes to breath good on the way out, too!!

Just my humble opinion and really only trying to help.. pdq67

PS., and sure you can get them to run real good with a 290/250 or so solid cam BUT you have to have at least 11 to 1 CR. or she just won't work.

My long gone crippled buddy that had the '58 Vette Convert. with a '64 375hp/327 F.I. motor in her and an Isky Z-30 cam would run above 7,000 and still be pulling!!!

Like talk about 160+ with 3.08 gears one night between 10 and 11 PM for about 8 miles or so back when I was about 17 years old!! When I asked what we were running, the tach said 7,200rpm and she was still climbing...

Sh-t, kma and we were back to the hometown!!!!!!

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 03, 11:26 AM

I too am interested in learning more about running 305HO heads on a 327.

They wouldn't be my first choice, but maybe a good alternative if I don't get the GMPP Vortecs to work out due to the special intake man. bolt pattern of the Vortec and my stock A/C setup.

Are the stock 305HO Intake ports about 160cc's ?

My only concern with the 305HO heads is the 58cc chambers boosting my compression to over 10:1 (bad news for running on pump gas)

Well....maybe running the thickest head gaskets you can buy might help some... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mark P.

[ 07-21-2003, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Granny's 69 ]
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 03, 02:01 PM Thread Starter

I think 10:1 comp. ratio works well,where i live the pump gas is 98 octane.
Is the octane much lower on pump gas in the states?
What years did the 305 HO come ? And can i use all of them??

Thanks for all Help.

Ok

[ 07-21-2003, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: oddrod ]
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 03, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

I looked at the sdpc2000 site.
Seem to me that the vortech heads kits are great,to an afordable price.
Would the SD8060ARPM kit work on my 327/210?,or it there other kits you would recomend?

ok
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 03, 01:12 AM
Senior Tech

I think the European octane rating is derived using a different method (research) from American octane rating (research + motor /2). This would make the same gas get a higher number in Europe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode