Vacuum lines - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 05, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

I just finished an engine swap on my sons '85. The previous owner had all the vacuum lines disconnected. He thought it was a performance upgrade I think.

Everything is reinstalled but the heated doors do not operate at all. I have one thin plastic line that enters the wiring harness behind the passanger side valve cover. Is this the vacuum line for the heater controlls?

I also have a black plastic canister above the brake booster that has a plastic line coming off it and going through the firewall. It only has one line to it, but it looks like ther is a spot for a second line. Would anyone know what the purpose of this canister is for and does it need a supply?

Thanks for any help
Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 05, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
The line going into the firewall is the supply line for all the doors/ducting to work for A/C & heat.

The round(?) cannister is the reservior for vacuum system. I would probably hook up the pass line to full time intake vacuum and place a vacuum gauge on the second nipple of the cannister just maybe to see if this line would be continuous.

You could do a couple things, go to the central library and check out their reference books, look at another's car for visual checking, or visit a repair shop having Mitchell Repair CD and ask for a printout of the vacuum system.

If you have a hand vacuum pump, works great, this way you don't have to have the engine running all the time while troubleshooting.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden enjoy your next chapter.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 05, 03:26 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. It seems that the canister by the boosters is what runs the heater doors. I still can not figure out what the vacuum line that is inside the wire harness does??

Thanks
Tom

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 05, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator
Bess-68's rule

Garage
If it is purple in color, it might be the supply for vacuum to the heater.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode