Motor mounts again! - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 01, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Question

My 69 has a bigger(taller)engine(not a frame mount) mount on the left side than the right. The motor is a SB 350. It was that way when I bought it(used), it just doesnt look right. The local parts store said they are supposed to be the same, all the catalogs also say the same thing. I know it seems like an obvious answer but which side is right? I also have seen different applications for the 350 what gives? The motor seemingly sits in the car correctly so I dont really understand what the deal is. Please Help!

[This message has been edited by chucktreat (edited 04-01-2001).]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 01, 11:38 AM

Thumbs up

I miss understood, I thought the frame mounts.
If it's the frame mounts:
It sounds to me that you have B/B frame mounts on your car. S/B frame mounts are usually the same size. I have 3 pair here. I had to buy the ones you have to make my B/B fit the car. Left side on the B/B's are taller, you need it for the steering box clearence.

502 Bob

------------------
69 Z-502
Body by Fisher and Customized by Fisher
www.mobiletools1.com

[This message has been edited by mobiletools (edited 03-31-2001).]
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 01, 12:17 PM
Senior Tech

Are you talking about the frame mounts in the car or the motor mounts bolted to the engine? I know there were more than one type of small block frame mount available in the first gen. The repro small block frame mounts I purchased for my 69 are different heights. The distance from the center of the through bolt hole to the surface is 2" on one side and approx 2.25" on the other.

In a lot of the catalogs you will notice one sm blk mount for 69 302 or 350 engines being sold for either left or right side, and another application for 69 307 and 327 engines that have a different part# for the left and right sides.

[This message has been edited by my69gofast (edited 03-31-2001).]

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 1st, 01, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

Sorry guys, when I posted the topic I put it under motor mounts again I didnt realize the wording threw you off. I edited the original message to fix it. Generally what I am looking to find out is whether the motor mounts are the same size or different? Looking at the car again I did notice that the motor does sit higher on the drivers side than the passanger. Any help is appreciated.

[This message has been edited by chucktreat (edited 04-01-2001).]
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 3rd, 01, 06:03 PM

Mine was the same way. It appeared to me that one was for a 350 and the other one was for a six cyl. I put in a BB so I don't know.

69er

------------------
69 Camaro 454
71 Nova 454

If your not living on the edge then your taking up too much space
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 4th, 01, 05:40 AM
Senior Tech

They need to be the same height there are 2 different heights and widths. Make sure you have the correct frame mounts first 69s are different.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode