Engine mount troubles - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old May 14th, 04, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jan

Send a message via AIM to jannes_z-28
I am about to put back my engine in the '69. It used to have CSB mounts even though it has a bigblock in it. I have gotten the correct stands from Rick's.

To me it looks like the left stand is a little short. When I have a bolt in the right mount the engine sits as it should with the bigblock mounts, I mean it has the correct 1" offset to the right. My new headers fits perfect too.

Isn't it so that all Chevys have the same engine pad? Or is ther a special one for the Big Blocks that have its hole differently.

See the images

BTW, what do you think of my ZL1 Clone

Jan

Jan Suhr
Stockholm, Sweden
'69 Camaro Z-28, X77, Cortez Silver, LS1 / T56, Still has the original BU rear end

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old May 14th, 04, 08:23 AM

Question

There are four different rubber mounts, three older and one newer and as you know different BB and SB frame mounts for the different year cars.

Do a search here under my name and find the big table I made on this subject b/c I bet you have the wrong rubber mounts??

And I hope not the frame mounts????

I say this b/c '67/'68 frame mounts are different then '69's and I don't know what happens if by chance you have wrong years on maybe one or both frame mounts???

pdq67

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old May 14th, 04, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jan

Thanks,

I did a check at David Pozzi's site and found this:

It looks like I have the one in the middle and should have the one to the right. That one is a litlle bit taller and should make the a better fit than the ones I have. The right one is for Bigblocks

I do have the correct bigblock stands.

Thanks, and David I hope you don't mind me borrowing your picture.

Jan

Jan Suhr
Stockholm, Sweden
'69 Camaro Z-28, X77, Cortez Silver, LS1 / T56, Still has the original BU rear end

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old May 15th, 04, 04:17 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Jan

I got it sorted out otday, my old mounts were the 2267 type and the correct one should be 2283 for a Big Block in a 1st gen Camaro with the proper Big Block stands.

I went to the shop and bought a pair and now the engine sits were it should.

A few things to notice:
The engine came about a 1/2" further forward. And slightly higher.

The 2283 mounts didn't fit over the new stands (Classic Industries) so I had to bend them out to slide over the stands. The guy at the parts store said that the 2283s are a little narrower than the 2267s.

This makes a lot of difference compared to when I had the smallblock stands and the engine sat really tight to the drivers side. Much Better!

Jan

Jan Suhr
Stockholm, Sweden

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old May 15th, 04, 04:29 AM

Angry

Glad you got your engine installed OK....

pdq67

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old May 15th, 04, 11:25 AM
Senior Tech
Bob

If you have the correct frame stands and rubber mounts then you really shouldn't have to bend the sides of the motor mounts out. Maybe the remakes of the big block frame stands are a little wider.Did you use the stock G.M. motor mounts for a big block?

Bob
Garnet Red 69/SS396/TH400/355 Posi Sold
'02 triple blk Vette Vert. now
94 HD Dyna Wideglide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode