need info on ZZ3 engine - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 03, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation

i either need a book or a good website for info on the ZZ3 engine. i tried to go to the chevy dealer to see if they had a book there but they didnt. the i bought a 1968 camaro recently with the engine in it and i want to do some stuff to it because it is running a little shaky. i want general info like timing, dwell, ect.
any help at all would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 19th, 03, 03:49 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Den

Garage
My brother has a zz3 in his nova. They came with HEI's, so I'm not sure about what you should set the dwell at. I do know that the initial timing should be set at 10 degrees BTDC. I would try the gm performance parts website, they should have copies of the manuals. If no luck there, you should be able to use the zz4 manual. I'm not sure, but I think they changed the intake to get another 10hp.

1969 Camaro 350, Trickflow heads, ST-10 4spd, Hotchkis suspension, Baer SS brake kit, moser 12bolt
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 20th, 03, 05:03 AM

There is no dwell, on HEI.

The timing could be set as high as 14-16 degrees for optimal performance. You really need to go to a dyno or a race track to see if the changes you are making are doing it any good.

You can always do plugs, rotor, cap and wires. An MSD module would probally be the way to go though imo. They run around 80 bucks or so.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 03, 09:32 AM
Senior Tech

I have a ZZ3 in my '67 RS. I like the motor and have a manual. Let me know specifically what you are looking for and perhaps I can feed you the answers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Aug 21st, 03, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

im not 100% sure what im looking for. im pretty much just looking for a manual....it would be a good thing to have around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode