LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 04, 04:12 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Kevin

Garage
Question

Have a few in mind:
1. http://www.sallee-chevrolet.com/Photos/zz430pics.html

2. I saw these engines on Ebay, but I am real skeptical about purchasing from ebay with all the horror stories
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2476610132
or http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2475801199

I haven't got the time and knowledge to buy a block and put together a engine myself so that is why I want to purchase one of these ready to go. Any suggestions you have on where I could purchase a low-budget engine is appreciated.

Kevin

P.S. Just finished installing subframe connectors [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] (Thanks for all who posted info on installing them, it came in handy when I installed mine)

67 Camaro rs/350 HO(est. 401hp)/4L80E/8.5" 10 bolt 3.73
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 04, 07:22 AM
Senior Tech
Greg

I have heard good things about the guys in Summerduck, VA. I actually spoke to them on the phone and was impressed but ultimately just rebuilt my current engine. If I had it to do over I would probably buy a short block rather than hassle with the machine shop for 2 months! [img]graemlins/clonk.gif[/img]

You can try www.revolutionaryperformance.com and speak to Daryl White. He is a great guy and has some good deals on engines. He's in the Nashville area.

Good luck!

69 Camaro, 3650lbs., 400ci, TH400, Coan 10" converter, 3.50 gear
D1SC, pump gas, 9:1, 10 PSI, Water/Meth injection
1.325 60', 5.988 @ 115.4 (carb)
Switched to Super Sniper EFI 2019
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 04, 07:48 AM

I did a ton of looking around. In the end I ordered a World Products engine from Summit. That 430 does look good!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Apr 30th, 04, 08:36 AM
Tech Team

I am new to the Camaro scene and have a zillion questions and concerns. From the day I bought my car (three weeks ago), I have been thinking about the engine that will eventually power it when restored. I have been looking at crate engines as well as built engines advertised in many places. I drive by an engine/machine shop on my way to work every day and stopped by on my way home last week. I was very surprised with the amount of help they offered me and the expertise they had. They will order one for me at a reduced cost or they will build me one from scratch. We threw around some numbers and it wasn't any more to build one than ordering a cookie cutter engine (depending on components of course). Plus, I would much rather deal with someone face to face with a handshake than on the phone with someone 1,000 miles away. If you have a shop in town, stop by and check it out. I'm glad I did!

Matt<br />68 Coupe - 327 Powerglide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode