Team Camaro Tech banner

out of the hood blower or under the hood supercharger...

8K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  camcojb 
#1 ·
i have been planning big project for my 87 IROC right, now it has been prepped suspension/tranny/everything ready to take on 1000HP. all i have left to do is an engine. on one side i have an 825HP dual carb blown 383 small block and the other is a 383 TPI N/A 530HP wich i would add a ATI Procharger to. now i would like this car to be driven daily (dont care about gas)i was wondering if a blower that comes out of my hood would be affected in rain driving? would i need a speacial air scoop?

#2 ·
I've never owned or known any one with a blower, but I would think yes that if a blower is sticking out of the hood and the air cleaner is getting saturated with rain, it would affect the engine, but it sure would look cool as hell on a nice sunny day.

#6 ·
Originally posted by 1FASTZ:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ckaram:
Camcojb--

That car is freakin' BAD ***!
I couldn't agree more! Jody has his act together.

No offense to Jody, but I only wished I had that kinda cash to sink in my ride. Jody, any chance you could get me a killer paying job? California sounds alright to me. ;)
</font>[/QUOTE]

#8 ·
I just finished this 468 with Weiand 8-71. It's not even in a Camaro :rolleyes: , but I'd thought I would balance things out with the through the hood roots option.

This does not compare with Jody's alloy masterpiece but it is still a lot of fun.

And again, unlike Jody, I don't have any real data yet, just a DD2000 guess of about 800 horse at the crank....that's @ 9psi, which I don't have the guts to try yet
Just at 6 now.

284 Nitrous HP cam, Edelbrock RPM heads, Edelbrock 750's, MSD, Hedman 2" Jet-Hot coated headers, Coan 10" converter and TH400.

As far as the driving in the rain, I think I would just park it, and wait out the storm

Something doesn't sound good about large amounts of water entering the scoop.

#10 ·
camcojb, very nice set up there.

I also like the stelth approach. My friend, Gene (gheatly here) has an under hood supercharger as well. Look for it in an upcoming article in Hot Rod magazine.

If I ever do another Camaro, that's how I am going to approach it. :D

Kel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.