Help me find power steering bracket - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 03, 04:52 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I am trying to locate an upper power steering bracket for my Sonís Camaro. This link shows two photos of the exact bracket I am trying to find.

My sonís car is an 80 Camaro. It has the factory bracket that goes over the face of the power steering pump for a car with air conditioning. The main bracket is the one that has a nut with female threads welded to it. I would rather not change the main PS bracket if I can avoid it.

The upper bracket I am seeking is for a car without air. It has the adjuster slot and bolts to the face of the head and the exhaust manifold bolt. Can any of you help me figure out what model and year vehicle the bracket in the photos came from so I might locate one in the salvage yard? Better yet, does anyone have a Chevy part number for this bracket? Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 03, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Ah cummon guys. Someone has to have seen one of these brackets at one time or another. I went to the Chevy dealer and looked at all kinds of diagrams today and could not find one similar. It does appear that Chevy used two different bracket combinations in the late 70ís. Maybe one of them is it. I found three part numbers but I can not tell what they are. They were 469560, 469650 and 469599. Anyone got a picture of these?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 03, 03:07 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

today is your lucky day:
1986 Chevy C-10 2 wheel drive
4.3 liter V6

if you can't get it with that info, email me and i'll pull it to get a part# this weekend. Or I'll sell you mine for $5000.00 [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

1968 Coupe, 327ci basketcase project
1986 Chevy Stepside, 305ci/300hp

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 03, 03:32 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

maybe:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6770

damn, it kinda feels good to return all the help i get from this site.

1968 Coupe, 327ci basketcase project
1986 Chevy Stepside, 305ci/300hp
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 28th, 03, 06:25 PM

I think I have this bracket. I Just found this site and am having bracket issues myself. One is this bracket. I want to put A/C back on my 80 and I have the bracket you are explaining on my car now. I think I need a different bracket according to what I am reading in my assembly manual due to a A/C bracket that hooks up to the bracket were talking about. Does your car have the bracket I need on it I wonder? Or do you have no bracket at all? The bracket on mine is brand new. The guy I baught the car off of put a new pump and brackets on it but since he did not put the A/C back on I think he ordered the bracket I have on it now. This is hard to explain but when I look in the book they show 2 different brackets. One for A/C car and one without A/C.
maybe we can swap if you have the one I need? Or at least I can hook you up with mine if I don't need it.I am still trying to figure out if there were 2 different brackets...but I think there was.
These brackets are driving me nuts!

Kurt
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Mar 31st, 03, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Boy, you guys are great.

JIM68, that was exactly what I needed. After calling the local dealer with your info I now have a part number and know what other vehicles this bracket came on. I have even been able to find one at a nearby dealer. The photos of your V6 were much appreciated as confirmation.

SCOOTIN Z, The air conditioning version of this bracket is a very common part. I would bet you could find it anywhere. It has a big male stud to mount the compressorís bracket to. If you canít find one, I will send you mine. I just need to go through the attic to locate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode