Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 9th, 03, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Hi Carl,

Refrencing your valve covers or actually the breather hole gromets.

I have the same valve covers and run a PCV to the base of the carb. I have rubber gromets that don't leak but don't have a baffle and am sucking oil like you can't believe. My question is where did you come up with the gromet assembly you are using and is it a two piece that screws together, top and bottom to hold it to the valve cover. If so I could fabricate a baffle and use the same to hold it in place...

If the graphic doesn't load in the forum, it's alt_1.JPG from your web page... http://www.geocities.com/casanoc/

Thanks in advance!!

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 03, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
ttt

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 03, 07:33 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

Dennis, Carl had told me he was out of town for the week so he may not see thus until the weekend. However, a while ago Carl had sent me the 'right angle' pcv valve he uses which along with a Moroso baffle with the slit in the bottom , gave me the setup you see in his website. A nice sanitary affair.

Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv therapy program, Autogear M22, 8-pt cage, with a new 410! SOLD
New therapy program - 68 Coupe. Will be survivor exterior, modern underpinnings! SOLD
67 Belair with perfect floors, pinchwelds and firewall. Hmmm!

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 03, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Thanks for the heads up Rick. Are you refering to a rubber gromet baffle. The ones that look like a plug but have a slit in them to reduce the oil pickup into the pcv?

...Dennis

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 03, 02:40 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

Yes, the one I use has the step in the bottom with the slit facing to the side.

Rick Dorion
New therapy program - 68 Coupe. Will be survivor exterior, modern underpinnings! SOLD
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 03, 05:43 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jody

Dennis,

I believe he's talking about the MRG #5425; not just a slit in the bottom, but a stepped baffle.

Jody

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 03, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Thanks for the pic Jody, I found these Moroso 68775's with the slot. and 68772's with a discription

Quote:
Designed especially for those using Moroso extra tall valve covers without the integral OEM-style oil control baffle. Can be used with any valve cover without internal baffling and a 1.22" diameter hole. Works with all popular GMPCVvalves; 1 per package. Special design keeps oil out of the PCV valve; made from oil resistant rubber. Will not clear stud girdles
Do you think the 68772's are the same as the 5425's?

...Dennis

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 03, 06:23 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jody

The 68772's look like they're made for a pcv to go straight into; smaller hole in the top. The 5425's are for a breather which won't work for you if you want to put a pcv valve straight into them (sorry!!!).

The description for the 68772 says pcv grommet/baffle; sounds right to me.

Jody

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 03, 06:27 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Rick

Actually they work with a stud girdle. You just need tall valve covers, double up the VC gaskets and trim a little!

Rick Dorion
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 03, 03:29 PM
Senior Tech
Carl

Dennis,

Yep, I'm in Louisville this week. The Louisville Slugger plant is very cool!

We may have different covers. Mine are a mid-height GMPP cover that have both holes and baffles. There is a picture of them on the Sallee website.

I just use a standard grommet, the PCV arrangement listed above, and a fresh air tube plumbed to the air cleaner base. The PCV is really nice. If anyone wants one I can find the phone number for the guy that sells them or buy one for you. For the valve and the adapter bushing is about $60.

If I ever get versed in html I can move my website to my cable modem company server and dump the non-linkable geocities site.

Carl

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old Sep 12th, 03, 06:26 AM Thread Starter
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Mine are the tall version...
No holes until I got ahold of them and no baffles!! I picked up an off brand gromet baffle that looks like the mrg5425 on the under side and fits the pcv valve I'm using for a dollar. I have one slight problem though!! The hole saw I used left me with a 1 5/16" hole instead of a 1 1/4" hole. I think I can improvise and make it work without too much problems... I had a bit of a search finding gromets that fit in the first place!! You should have seen my reaction after measuring the holes!!

Thanks for the info guys...

...Dennis

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode