Pan & rear main seal leak? for onovakind or? - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 03, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
SS

I had a previous post about running an evac system due to oil seepage and crankcase pressure and onovakind67 mentioned total seal and smt seals. I did a web search and found total seal piston rings site but nothing on SMT, I was hoping for a contact on sealing up the bottom end. I started running a pcv but I am going to have to address the leak issue. The pan is a milodon 7 qt roadrace etc, I had rear main leakage problems prior with z28 pan so I had the shop who did the machine work assemble the pan etc in the hopes of a better seal. Which is now leaking like crazy, is this soley due to blowby? I finally got everything working great and now this. I have been breaking the motor in over the past days with some freeway time etc less than 100 miles. Could my rear main cap where the seal resides be prone to leaking? Anyway I could really use some help. Thanks,SS

406, TKO 600 and 12 bolt posi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Sep 6th, 03, 10:19 PM
Senior Tech

The SMT double lip seals are meant for crankcase vacuum systems. Here's a link to CV Products who stock the SMT seals, you can also get them from Peterson.

http://www.cvproducts.com/products/b...spx?brandID=84

http://www.petersonfluidsys.com/vacsys.html

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM ...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
Semper Fi! L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft, B Co 3rd AT's, Khe Sanh Combat Base, February, 1968
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode