fuel filter 300HP camaro bracket? - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 05, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

I have a 350 / 300 hp: When I bought the car, the vapor line was plugged and used only one fuel line from pump to carb. I am wanting to go back to the original type with the (3) lines and canister filter. For you guys that stay up on the original style, does the 350 engine use a bracket to hold the filter? Most parts houses show only a bracket for the 396cu engine. The Assembly manual does not show one on the 350cu engine whereas the 396cu shows the bracket. Also where do you find the clips that hold the line together.

1969 Camaro Z-11 Pace Car
350cu/300HP -
Convertible RS/SS- Muncie M20 - posi 3.31, 12 bolt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 05, 06:23 PM

IIpainter, I don't have a 69 Camaro, but I do have a 70 Chevelle 300hp/350 that is unmolested and original(the motor has never been rebuilt and I am the 2nd owner). It has the extra return line from the fule pump, but it never has had a canister type fuel filter or a bracket for one; just the stone type that goes inside the carb. Hope this helps.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 3rd, 05, 06:29 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

No bracket was used on the 350's, the fuel lines hold the filter in place at the front of the engine. What clips? The fuel lines thread into the fuel pump, fuel filet and carb inlet, and the return line is held on with a short length of rubber hose and a pari of spring clip hose clamps (not the ones like radiator hose clamps)

Mark Canning
1969 Indy Pace Car
350/300HP RPO Z11

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 05, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Thanks guys, That is what I thought Mark on the line holding up the filter by itself. The clips are the ones the tie the 3/8" fuel line to the 1/4" vapor line, between the pump and filter, as it goes up in front of the engine.
Two are shown in the assembly manual, page 298 item # 7 (3910497)

1969 Camaro Z-11 Pace Car
350cu/300HP -
Convertible RS/SS- Muncie M20 - posi 3.31, 12 bolt
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 4th, 05, 05:26 PM
Kevin

When you buy a new fuel line set you get the clips.

Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 5th, 05, 05:47 AM
Team Member

I did not get the clip with my kit. I made one from a piece of a spring from a lawn mower pull starter.

TTFN
Mat

SSCARGO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode