Holley Emergency - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 15th, 03, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

I blow a power valve last night, so I put a new one in. Its the same HG, 6.5, same float setting same everything but know it is just dumping the gas to the #8 hole. I pulled all the plugs and cranked it over and #8 spit tons of gas out. Even without touching the throttle when cranking #8 spit gas every rotation.

I think it is the float, since I dont have anyway to lock my hood short of a padlock I think someone played around with by float. All my set screws were taken out too.

What is the stock measurement for the float on a 750CFM newer carb. Where do you measure it from? It has to be the float, Im just happy I didnt bend a rod after all that gas came out. How does gas flow through the carb while cranking but never touching the throttle? Why just #8 cylinder? This is on a Furd 400, I know its not a chevy but its a pullin machine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 03, 02:35 AM
Senior Tech

Simple way to initially set a Holley float level is to pull the bowl off and turn it upside down. Now just adjust the float level to the point where the top of the float is about inline with the bottom of the top bolt holes for the bowl, or just to the point where the float looks level at. That will get it close enough to run so you can fine-tune it.

Oldani Motorsports

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 03, 04:00 AM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G
Also recheck the gasket on the power valve. If not in correct it just dumps gas.

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 03, 03:15 PM
Senior Tech

check your needle &seat assemblies for the floats too.same results if they get some grit in them.
Good Luck!
Eric

86 camaro,383,topline vortecs,scat crank,wiseco forged 9.5:1,6"scat rods,comp xs282s,performer rpm,750 proform vac sec,msd in cap, hooker coated 1 5/8"headers,3"flowmaster,700r4,2800 stall,3.42 10 bolt posi,hotchkiss lca's,aje tube k member & a-arms
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old Sep 16th, 03, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

I got her set, thats for the specs. It sure likes the new 8.5 power valve. I had a 6.5 in it before but it wasnt opening soon enough. I have around 17 inches of vaccum on a manual tranny so I figured an 8.5 or so would be perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode