Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Houston, TX USA
JTM, if you have access to a mig welder, you can fix this pretty quickly in your garage.
Since you have two hoses at this point, you know that between those two hoses you have the ends that you need.
1. Pick your hose.
2. Cut the end off that won't work.
3. Cut the end off of the other hose that you need.
4. Weld the right hose end onto the hose you intend to use.
5. Pressure test the hose in a pail of water. You can do this by plugging one end, and then pressurizing the hose with compressed air while holding it submerged in the water.
6. Fix leaks if you find any.
7. Bolt it in the car and go.
My car is using a hose that I welded both ends on to and it has NEVER leaked.