DZ carb rebuild - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 03, 04:42 AM Thread Starter

I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on where to start at for jet sizes and power valve sizes for a stock dz motor with the stock carb.I'm rebuilding a carb I bought off from someone else and it was not in the best condition someone had robbed the jets and power valves out of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 16th, 03, 07:32 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
This will get you going...

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/CarbList.pdf

If you need help with the rebuild use the search engine and search on "holley" in the performance forum as well as this one. The last few months have been full of threads with some good info in them..

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 19th, 03, 06:39 PM
SY1
Senior Tech
Dave

The last one I rebuilt had the following set up. .031 accel nozzle, 72 primary jets, 76 secondary jets, 6.5" power valves, white accel pump cam using the number one screw setting. I can't tell you how it worked, other than it ran fine for what I used it for, breaking in a new motor. The unloaded throttle response was instantaneous on a +/030 327. The only problem was the 6.5 power valve was too high a value for the camshaft and cross ram I used (very low vacum at idle) so the valve was usually open at idle causing an overly rich condition. On a DZ motor with the 30/30 cam and single Holley intake it would probably work fine.

John Z can probably tell you how they were set up from the factory.

"..............what, and get out of aviation??"

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 20th, 03, 11:49 AM
Team Member
John

4053's came jetted 68/76 with #65 power valves; mine runs better jetted 72/76 (Jerry MacNeish setup). Truth be told, the 4053 is WAY too much carb for a 302, and mine ran MUCH better with a 600 Holley #0-80145 while Jerry was restoring my 4053.

[img]graemlins/beers.gif[/img]

JohnZ
CRG
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 21st, 03, 11:54 AM
Senior Tech

john, nice looking 302! where did you get your valve covers done at? or what did you do to them to get them to look that way? george
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jul 22nd, 03, 02:32 PM
Team Member
John

Had the original intake and valve covers re-skinned by Jerry MacNeish (www.z28camaro.com); he also did my alternator, distributor, carb, brake booster, and exhaust manifolds. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

JohnZ
CRG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode