transmissions - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 01, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

I am putting a built up 355 in a 1983 camaro and I am not sure as to which kind of transmission I should put in it. I have a 700-R4 that came out of a 1983 S-10 and a TH-350, not sure what it came out of though. If anyone could give me their thought about my situation I would greatly appreciate it a lot.

please contact me by email: [email protected]

Thanks,
Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 01, 04:16 PM
Senior Tech

I hate to tell you this but that 700 out of the S-10 has a different bell housing bolt pattern than your 350.

If you're building a driver I would go for the overdrive.

The 700 is a good tranny if you don't try to put too much power through it. I like mine.

The 200R4 is about the same size as a TH-350 and can take more power. You might try digging around the junk yards for one.
Stephen

------------------
67 RS/SS 350 700R4
69 SS clone unfinished
72 454 Weekend Racer
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 25th, 01, 05:47 PM
Senior Tech

If you deside that you want a 700 r4 which is what I would put before a th350. In my experince I believe that if it came from the 4.3 It will bolt up. Call a trans shop to make sure but I think it will.

Shane

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 26th, 01, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

I am wondering what would be the best and cheapest performance mod i could do to a set of stock 350 heads. I have a 350 bored .030 over, performer rpm intake, mild cam, 650 cfm carter carb. This is going into a 83 camaro. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Scott
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old Feb 27th, 01, 07:46 PM
SID

Lightbulb

HEY THERE
S-IO WILL NOT WORK. YOU NEED IT FROM A CAMARO OR FIREBIRD OR CHEV ASTRO VANS WITH 4.3 . THE DIFFRENTS IS CAMARO AND FIREBIDS HAVE THREE BOLT HOLES IN THE TAIL STOCK OF THE TRANNY FOR YOU TORQUE PLATE AND THE CHEV VANS HAVE THE SAME THREE BOLT HOLES FOR A COUNTER WEIGHT IT WILL WORK ......SID
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 01, 02:57 AM

Lightbulb

[If the 700-R4 cam out of the 4.3 it will fit the bolt pattern is the same ,a 4.3 is the same thing as 350 with two cylinders cut off the front of it.Plus the 700-R4 is good up to about 450 HP i doubt you will be pushing that much without adding nito!and it has a lower first and second gear than the 350-turbo.And it is lighter!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Mar 1st, 01, 02:58 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by T/A GTA:
[If the 700-R4 cam out of the 4.3 it will fit the bolt pattern is the same ,a 4.3 is the same thing as 350 with two cylinders cut off the front of it.Plus the 700-R4 is good up to about 450 HP i doubt you will be pushing that much without adding nitro!and it has a lower first and second gear than the 350-turbo.And it is lighter!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode