No, I don't have a long w/pump. I used the one off my old motor. That reminds me, if you had the fan off and could easily put a new w/pump on do you think it's a good idea to do it? Mine is the stock one from 1967. It seems to be a good idea but like the old saying goes don't fix it if it's not broke. If I replace it I'll just get a reman for $25 or possibly new for around $45 or maybe I'll get mine rebuilt.
Back to the fan, I've been reading forums and I've heard some good things about one flex fan. It's a Derale HD Flex fan. Here's a pic and description of it. I'm leaning towards the stock clutch fan but this one has caught my interest anybody here have an opinion about these? Thanks
BPOS, I'll look into that one more also.
* Heavy Duty Fan's Generate Maximum Airflow at Low RPM's.
* Decreased Resistance at Higher RPM.
* Improves Performance and Mileage.
* OEM Quality Heavy Duty Steel Hubs.
* Aerospace Grade Stainless Steel Blades.
* Reverse Rotation Fans For Late Model Serpentine Belt Applications.
* Chrome Plated Hubs with Polished Stainless Steel Blades.