What and where to buy engine kit? - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 05, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Derek

I am wanting to build a 350 to replace the 6 cyl in my 68. I have a 350 4 bolt block and a set of 291 heads. I have been looking at the street performance kits at northern auto parts site. They come with a crane energizer cam. Car will be driven on weekends and would like it to be a strong runner but steetable. Also will be using headers and a performer rpm intake, turbo 350 and stock gears. Any recommendations on parts and cam selections would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 05, 03:34 PM

sounds like a good start. i personally like the old 291's and the 462's for a nice retro look. i would use flat top pistons, the enegizer 216/216 or 218/218 @.050 lift, depending on what size valves your heads have. if i'm not mistaking, the 218/218 has a 106 degree lsa, which may give you a ruff idle. dont forget a set of headers, 2.5" exhaust, low restriction mufflers, and definatly use hyperutectic pistons. i'm not sure if northern offers hypers in there 350 kits. they are usually cast. top it off with a 600 vacuum secondary holley or my choice would be a 650 holley dp.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 05, 03:48 PM

sorry, but i would like to add this, northern is a decent company, but you may check their shipping or handling costs. i find them to be kinda high on shipping.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 05, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Derek

Valves are 1.94s. The car also has manual brakes. I would like to have a nice lope.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode