Re: Edlebrock 600 Question
PG as follows: Has a bellcrank about the bellhousing and linkage.
1. Disconnect trans linkage from bellcrank at firewall by removing clip holding the two connected.
2. Have assistant press and hold throttle to floor and ENSURE carb is at WOT.
If not, fix it.
3. Push back on linkage rod on bottom of carb and pull forward and hold the bellcrank past the resistance felt in the last 1/2 inch or so of travel.
4. Disconnected linkage peg should slide into bellcrank.
If not, turn peg to slip fit. Linkage rod should be threaded and may need a squirt of WD40.
5. Once peg fits into bellcrank with carb at WOT and kickdown bellcrank pulled all the way forward, release all parts and connect linkage rod into bellcrank and reinstall clip.
FYI, there should be a light spring on trans rod, see hole in forward portion of rod at the rear of the slot, to maybe a hole on the thermostat housing, or make a bracket and bolt underneath the top forward valve cover bolt.
Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls. May 2017 ROTM Winner - Thank you!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions - Thank you, Joe Madden … enjoy your next chapter.