Engine General Engine Discussion.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 18, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Randy

Garage
EFI Comparison

Not sure if I posted in the right forum regarding upgrading to EFI when I posted in performance. My car will have a fresh 350 bored 20 thousanths over 10.25 to 1, 1.94 fuelie heads, Voodoo cam, Weiand single plane intake, with pertronix ignition. I will R&R original fuel tank with aftermarket EFI ready setup. I currently like the Holley Terminator setup. Any feedback or recommendations would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old Dec 27th, 18, 04:52 PM
John

Garage
Re: EFI Comparison

I would highly recommend the Holley Sniper

66 Chevelle Protour LS3/525(SOLD AT Mecum 2018)
69 SS396 Cortez Silver(SOLD)
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 19, 06:38 PM
Senior Tech

I was looking at the Sniper as well but was suggested to look at MSD Atomic. About the same price but appears to me you have more tuning options with the MSD.

67 Camaro with 388 with Edleborck RPM heads, Air Gap, CC 282S, Tremec TKO

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 19, 09:33 PM
Senior Tech
Tom Anderson

Garage

I just bought the new Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 that was shown at sema . Have not installed it yet but with Edelbrock I feel it's a safe bet to be a winner. My reason to go with there new kit was it's true EFI and comes with a distributor to control timing and a tablet to tune it
pnd4pnd likes this.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 19, 11:00 AM
Apprentice

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal_tom View Post
I just bought the new Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 that was shown at sema . Have not installed it yet but with Edelbrock I feel it's a safe bet to be a winner. My reason to go with there new kit was it's true EFI and comes with a distributor to control timing and a tablet to tune it
I'll second the Edelbrock. It has direct port injection rather than throttle body which just seems more efficient. I would have gone this way but have decided to do a LS1 swap.

Eric
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 19, 12:39 PM
John

Garage

Iím interested in how the Edelbrock works out.

A couple of posts suggest part of the decision was the Edelbrock controls timing.

Just to be clear Holley Sniper also can control timing. Just did one on a SBC with the Dual Sync.

69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
(SOLD)

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 19, 12:51 PM
Senior Tech
Ed

Holley Sniper. If you can afford it go with the upgraded model for better tuning capabilities. I know they make several models. They also make stainless steel gas tanks with the fuel pump and fittings for any vehicle. May be worth looking into it. Just give Holley a call.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 19, 12:06 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Milt

Garage

I am also interested in making this change. I am leaning towards the Holley Sniper or the MSD Atomic. Will either of these units work with the MSD Ready to run distributor I already have? Also would like to not have to utilize a return line. I believe this possible with the MSD unit.

Go big, or stay Home!
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 19, 02:01 AM
John

Garage

With Sniper you can keep your MSD distributor. You can also control timing by using an adjustable rotor. Instructions are included on how to do it. I installed several. Some we have control timing and some not. Havenít noticed much difference either way.

https://www.google.com/search?q=msd+...&client=safari

Using the Corvette Filter/Regulator you donít have to run a return from the TB. You Eli need a return from the regulator to the tank.

69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
(SOLD)

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 19, 08:06 AM
Apprentice
chris

With the Holley Sniper you can use the MSD distributor with or without timing control. Like said above you will need the the adjustable MSD rotor to utilize the timing control function.You do not have to run a return line when using the Sniper. You can also use your stock fuel tank when using the Holley in tank pump/sending unit combination made specifically for the 67-69 Camaro. It has an internal pressure regulator that returns the fuel directly in the tank. It installs in place of the stock sending unit requires no tank modifications or the need for a return fuel line. This is the setup that I have been running with no issues in my 67 with a 460hp 383 stroker.

Any question I would be happy to help. Chris
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 19, 10:41 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Milt

Garage

AH HA,that sounds like the way to go for me. I watched the video showing the timing modification & that looked to be beyond my capabilities. I'll check out the Holley in tank fuel pump. Would I just set the timing as I have it now with a carb & vacuum advance? Thanks for this info. Much appreciated.

Go big, or stay Home!
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 19, 02:43 PM
Apprentice
chris

Yes that is correct just set your timing to your engine manufactures specs the same way as you would with a carburetor and your all set.

Chris
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 19, 06:25 AM
Senior Tech
Ed

Everything I have read and watched, the Holley Sniper EFI is the way to go.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 19, 06:59 AM
Senior Tech
Travis

I'll be putting a Sniper with the Hyperspark ignition system on a 71 K10 this weekend - I'll let you know what i think. I was going to order the new Edelbrock Pro Flo4 but it doesn't support boost yet and the Holly Sniper does. The plan for the Camaro is EFI with a Procharger or Torque Storm so its going to end up being Holly Super Sniper and I figured I may as well have the same system on both vehicles for supportability/ease of troubleshooting ect.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 19, 07:49 AM
Apprentice
david

I just installed a edelbrock gen 4 pro flo on my new 383 stroker. Works great. If you info email me [email protected] I just went through all the oddities no need for you to go through them

1967 base hugger orange 383 stroker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode