69 camaro bb motor mounts - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 19, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
ken

Question 69 camaro bb motor mounts

I have to replace the motor mounts on my camaro I having a problem removing the bottom mounting bolt . the engine is in the car and the two top bolts are removed I read your threads but not much is covered about how to remove the bottom bolt that is in the bottom center of the mount I sure would appreciate some help on this problem. this is a bb chev engine thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 19, 04:25 PM
Senior Tech
Chick

Garage
Re: 69 camaro bb motor mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken5537 View Post
I have to replace the motor mounts on my camaro I having a problem removing the bottom mounting bolt . the engine is in the car and the two top bolts are removed I read your threads but not much is covered about how to remove the bottom bolt that is in the bottom center of the mount I sure would appreciate some help on this problem. this is a bb chev engine thanks
I'm reading as your replacing the mounts that have 3 bolts to the block. I have not done that but would think you could do one side at a time by taking the long main bolt of the engine mount to frame mount out and jacking the engine (cocking) to one side to be able to remove that bottom bolt, replacing the mount to block and then button that side up and then doing the other side. Many of us had to do that back in the day to put the drivers side header on. Just what I'm thinking that seems would work.

Chick
68, 69, & 2015 Z/28's
69 Nova's L34 Father/Son & L78 Surv purch-new
67, 68, & 2015 Z06 Corvettes
Our 68Z Restoration
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode