Local early 350/350 score for the '67 - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 19, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
Tim
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Seattle
Posts: 578
Local early 350/350 score for the '67

I have been actively seeking a Chev 350 with a TH350 for my '67 RS Convertible
I'm ditching the PG and going to get a TH350 built for my future engine build (whatever that ends up)


I am going to install the TH350 and fix a bunch of other odds and ends, (heater core Replacement, getting factory A/C back online
adding my seat extenders and my factory Tilt column which I just sourced


Anyway, I scored a TH350 with a High nickel 4 bolt main block, 2482 on the center caps as (nodular iron 4 bolt caps GM used on heavy duty and performance engines)
out of a 72 truck standard bore never been apart, 300 bucks for both
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190120_130542_resized.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	447.8 KB
ID:	224121   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190120_162231_resized.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	285.9 KB
ID:	224123  

1967 RS/SS Coupe, Factory A/C, 2nd owner, original paint -Taho Turquoise 3 Spd on the floor, bench seat, fold down rear seat

1967 RS Convertible Factory A/C, PS, PB PG 327
Niblet is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 19, 06:03 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
keith
 
X-77 keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: America
Posts: 2,764
Good score. I have had great results with the early 70's 350s. You might be able to get a few bucks for those ram horn manifolds.

X-77 keith
1969 x-77 Z/28 orange/ white stripes, named by my daughter "Clementine ", M-22 close ratio, 4:10 12 bolt, CE 302. Hugger orange with white stripes. White standard interior. Restoration complete May 2018
X-77 keith is offline  
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 19, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
Tim
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Seattle
Posts: 578
Re: Local early 350/350 score for the '67

unfortunately both those manifolds were broke

1967 RS/SS Coupe, Factory A/C, 2nd owner, original paint -Taho Turquoise 3 Spd on the floor, bench seat, fold down rear seat

1967 RS Convertible Factory A/C, PS, PB PG 327
Niblet is offline  
 
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old Jan 20th, 19, 11:34 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Yuma AZ
Posts: 34
Garage
Send a message via AIM to hotrodbaker
Re: Local early 350/350 score for the '67

Tim, did you say seat extenders? Your built ones or bought?
Mike
hotrodbaker is offline  
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 19, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Team Member
Tim
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Seattle
Posts: 578
Re: Local early 350/350 score for the '67

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodbaker View Post
Tim, did you say seat extenders? Your built ones or bought?
Mike

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-9-Camaro-Firebird-NEW-Seat-Track-Extenders-for-Xtra-4-of-legroom/233008590053?hash=item364064ece5:g:Jj0AAOxyuPtQ~xu 3:rk:2f:1&frcectupt=true

Any of the big name Camaro parts places sell them
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l500.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	224125  

1967 RS/SS Coupe, Factory A/C, 2nd owner, original paint -Taho Turquoise 3 Spd on the floor, bench seat, fold down rear seat

1967 RS Convertible Factory A/C, PS, PB PG 327
Niblet is offline  
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 19, 08:40 PM
Senior Tech
Tim
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AUS
Posts: 3,577
Re: Local early 350/350 score for the '67

Pretty good price for those, was that a Craigslist find?
Just FYI, the 'high nickel' thing is just a myth, those numbers under the timing gear are foundry mold pattern references.

1969 04A Van Nuys-built Z/28. Cortez Silver with dark blue interior and VE3. Sold Clippinger Chevrolet. Raced at Lions in LA.
ZLP955 is offline  
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 19, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
Team Member
Tim
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Seattle
Posts: 578
Re: Local early 350/350 score for the '67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLP955 View Post
Pretty good price for those, was that a Craigslist find?
Just FYI, the 'high nickel' thing is just a myth, those numbers under the timing gear are foundry mold pattern references.
I'm not saying your wrong, but can you validate that with some objective evidence?

1967 RS/SS Coupe, Factory A/C, 2nd owner, original paint -Taho Turquoise 3 Spd on the floor, bench seat, fold down rear seat

1967 RS Convertible Factory A/C, PS, PB PG 327
Niblet is offline  
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old Jan 21st, 19, 10:27 PM
Senior Tech
Tim
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: AUS
Posts: 3,577
Re: Local early 350/350 score for the '67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niblet View Post
I'm not saying your wrong
Sure looks like it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niblet View Post
can you validate that with some objective evidence?
Where is the 'objective evidence' that supports the high nickel story?

1969 04A Van Nuys-built Z/28. Cortez Silver with dark blue interior and VE3. Sold Clippinger Chevrolet. Raced at Lions in LA.
ZLP955 is offline  
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 19, 03:27 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
keith
 
X-77 keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: America
Posts: 2,764
I was always told that 010 means high Nicole too, but after a long thread on this site a year or two ago, I have my doubts. Wish the search feature here worked better. It was a long discussion. Regardless it is a good score.

X-77 keith
1969 x-77 Z/28 orange/ white stripes, named by my daughter "Clementine ", M-22 close ratio, 4:10 12 bolt, CE 302. Hugger orange with white stripes. White standard interior. Restoration complete May 2018
X-77 keith is offline  
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 19, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
Team Member
Tim
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Seattle
Posts: 578
Re: Local early 350/350 score for the '67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLP955 View Post
Sure looks like it

Where is the 'objective evidence' that supports the high nickel story?
spend 30 seconds googling the subject and you get a bunch of "info" on the internet that talks about
the "high nickel content" in these early blocks, but your correct, I found nothing by general motors or the block manufacturers or any "authority" that support this.
just a bunch of guys talking about it on forums and what not.

Ok, so where do you get your information about the numbers just being a foundry mark?
anything by any "authority"? or just a bunch of guys talking about it on forums?

1967 RS/SS Coupe, Factory A/C, 2nd owner, original paint -Taho Turquoise 3 Spd on the floor, bench seat, fold down rear seat

1967 RS Convertible Factory A/C, PS, PB PG 327

Last edited by Niblet; Jan 22nd, 19 at 05:40 AM.
Niblet is offline  
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 19, 05:31 AM
Senior Tech
Scott
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 7,275
Re: Local early 350/350 score for the '67

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-77 keith View Post
I was always told that 010 means high Nicole too, but after a long thread on this site a year or two ago,
High nickle myth and foundry mark info at CRG.
engine block
1967 body tag vs vin tag
BLOCK CAST DATE VS PAD STAMP DATE
Niblet likes this.

Call for restoration and custom paint scheduling:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Sauron67MM; Jan 22nd, 19 at 01:03 PM.
Sauron67MM is offline  
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 19, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
Team Member
Tim
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Seattle
Posts: 578
Re: Local early 350/350 score for the '67

I had no idea this was such a controversial subject, it appears there is no concrete proof either way

1967 RS/SS Coupe, Factory A/C, 2nd owner, original paint -Taho Turquoise 3 Spd on the floor, bench seat, fold down rear seat

1967 RS Convertible Factory A/C, PS, PB PG 327
Niblet is offline  
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 19, 08:18 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
keith
 
X-77 keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: America
Posts: 2,764
There was a guy on this site that worked at a foundry he explained it. I wish I could find the thread. He explained that the 010 was just a foundry thing, and I have no reason to doubt him. I have never worked in a foundry. I wish Scott used my whole quote instead of just the short snip.

A side note... The block you have is still a great block .
Niblet likes this.

X-77 keith
1969 x-77 Z/28 orange/ white stripes, named by my daughter "Clementine ", M-22 close ratio, 4:10 12 bolt, CE 302. Hugger orange with white stripes. White standard interior. Restoration complete May 2018
X-77 keith is offline  
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 19, 08:20 AM
Moderator
John
 
Vega$69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Vegas NV/Wesley Chapel FL
Posts: 12,017
Garage
Re: Local early 350/350 score for the '67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niblet View Post
I had no idea this was such a controversial subject, it appears there is no concrete proof either way
The preponderance of the evidence leans heavily towards it being a myth. Therefore I would assume myth unless additional conclusive facts are presented to the contrary.
Vega$69 is offline  
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old Jan 22nd, 19, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Team Member
Tim
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Seattle
Posts: 578
Re: Local early 350/350 score for the '67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega$69 View Post
The preponderance of the evidence leans heavily towards it being a myth. Therefore I would assume myth unless additional conclusive facts are presented to the contrary.

I would say I have to agree with you on that

1967 RS/SS Coupe, Factory A/C, 2nd owner, original paint -Taho Turquoise 3 Spd on the floor, bench seat, fold down rear seat

1967 RS Convertible Factory A/C, PS, PB PG 327
Niblet is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome