Power steering pump bracket (rear) - Page 2 - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 19, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Kevin

Re: Power steering pump bracket (rear)

The bracket you are showing must go ON THE FRONT of the motor mount, and not behind it as you are showing in your picture (top, third from left). It is the bracket used for a 327 application using non interlocking motor mounts.

Never argue with an idiot; they'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Last edited by bucko; Mar 6th, 19 at 02:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 19, 03:58 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

Re: Power steering pump bracket (rear)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodbaker View Post
I am working on my 67 350 and found the aftermarket motor mounts won't work with the style bracket with 2 bolts to the motor mount. Is this what you guys call the 327 bracket?

I went with the bracket i think my car came with that has only 1 bolt from the motor mount and 2 in front with the cradle bracket. Also you can see the 2 and 1 grove sandwiched crank pulley on the 8" balancer.

˄˄˄˄ This is the bracket used on 1967-68 Camaros with 327's. Your picture clearly shows that it won't work with an interlocking motor mount.

Back in the early 1970's Chevrolet had a problem with 1960's cars breaking motor mounts. When the drivers side mount would break engine torque would lift the LH side of the engine and the throttle rod would jam open. There were several serious accidents. The high horsepower cars of the late 1960's made the problem worse. Chevrolet had a massive recall campaign to deal with the problem which had the dealers install this cable kit to keep the engines from lifting when a motor mount failed.

Sometime later interlocking motor mounts became available which keeps the engine from lifting when a motor mount separates without the need of the cables.

I wanted the safety of of the interlocking motor mounts so I installed the 302/350 power steering bracket on my 327.

Steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I drove it for the first time in 1972 when I was 15.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Better looking than a '56 Ford or Plymouth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode