38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 209 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 19, 09:22 PM
Senior Tech
Bryan

Re: Efi sos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milt's 68 SS/RS 396 View Post
I am doing all tuning through the handheld device. I'll post the last data log I recorded tomorrow and see if I can find the configuration file (need to watch the complete video posted above). I have also bought a relay and will rewire the Sniper and the Hyperspark distributor off of the relay instead of the ignition connection on the fuse panel.
Here is a quick description on how to do it. Basically you need to save the GCF to the SD card, take the card to your PC, save it, and then you can either open it and edit it with the Sniper software, or email it, upload it, etc.

https://forums.holley.com/showthread...8883#post98883

1968 Camaro, 383 with Dart Pro 1 aluminum heads and roller cam, Holley Sniper EFI with Dual Sync distributor, Muncie M21 4-speed transmission, 3.73 12-bolt Eaton posi differential.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 209 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 19, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Milt

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry68 View Post
Here is a quick description on how to do it. Basically you need to save the GCF to the SD card, take the card to your PC, save it, and then you can either open it and edit it with the Sniper software, or email it, upload it, etc.

https://forums.holley.com/showthread...8883#post98883

Bryan thanks for this information. I'll record the config file this evening. I'm having trouble attaching the data log to this post. Message is telling me dlz format is not allowed.

Go big, or stay Home!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #183 of 209 (permalink) Old Jun 17th, 19, 06:50 PM
Senior Tech
Greg

Not sure if the rules are the same on this forum but on the Holley site you have to zip the file before you can post it on the forum. Saving it to Dropbox is another option.

69 Camaro, 3650lbs., 400ci, TH400, Coan 10" converter, 3.50 gear
D1SC, pump gas, 9:1, 10 PSI, Water/Meth injection
1.325 60', 5.988 @ 115.4 (carb)
Switched to Super Sniper EFI 2019

post #184 of 209 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 19, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Milt

Garage

Latest update. I rewired the power to the Sniper, Distributor & Coil Driver module. They are all coming off o a relay now. Next step is to set-up the idle per the EFI System pro instructions found here:

https://www.efisystempro.com/efi-pro...roubleshooting

Still have not heard back from Holley about the data log I sent them.
Probably will be a couple weeks before I can get back into this anyways.

Go big, or stay Home!
post #185 of 209 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 19, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Milt

Garage

Got up this morning and disabled the closed loop as John suggested. Brought the car up to temperature and It still died. If anyone knows of a shop in Las Vegas that has knowledge of these systems I'm ready to let someone else fix this.

Go big, or stay Home!

Last edited by Milt's 68 SS/RS 396; Jul 4th, 19 at 05:30 PM.
post #186 of 209 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 19, 12:39 PM
Senior Tech
Don

Do you have electric fans? Is it when the fans turn on that it dies?

Don

1969 Camaro LSA 6L90E AME subframe and IRS
1969 Camaro vert LS3 4L65E Ridetech level 2 - sold
1959 El Camino project
1969 Mustang Sportsroof project

1956 Cameo project - C5 drivetrain
1957 Buick Caballero project
post #187 of 209 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 19, 04:12 PM
John

Garage

Pm sent
dhutton and Brettallen59 like this.

66 Chevelle Protour LS3/525(SOLD AT Mecum 2018)
69 SS396 Cortez Silver(SOLD)
69 Z28(Sold)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
post #188 of 209 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 19, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Milt

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega$69 View Post
Pm sent
PM received and thank you.
dhutton and Brettallen59 like this.

Go big, or stay Home!
post #189 of 209 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 19, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Milt

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
Do you have electric fans? Is it when the fans turn on that it dies?

Don
No electric fans. 7 blade clutch fan with big block shroud.

Go big, or stay Home!
post #190 of 209 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 19, 05:39 PM
Senior Tech
Rufas

I have responded to over 20 emails of late about electronic ignition for the Sniper, and I have said that the Sniper isn't the friendly system it claims to be, far too intensive to work with, and as far as ignition goes, there is not a viable solution. their dual synch is way, way too expensive, and the trigger only with adjustable rotor is down right primitive. I am also hearing the same for one of the FiTech EFI's, same situation, ignition input does not use a module, only a locked out pickup trigger only.

A couple of people have swapped to th Holley Terminator, and old small diameter stock GM EFI HEI distributor with feed back module, and are seriously happier, their opinions, not mine.

Don't flame me, this is what I put up with every day. I am now doing two International Harvester Sniper setups, and they do not have adjustable rotors, but, I am factoring the rotor phase into the timing as I phase them on the machine. So far, I understand from the callers and emails, that I am the only one that will even consider doing an ignition for a Sniper that ISN'T an MSD trigger for Chevrolet/GM units with adjustable rotor.

Terminator is far better from what I see. I used to work at Holley, Pro-Stock carbs.
post #191 of 209 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 19, 05:59 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brett

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave ray View Post
I have responded to over 20 emails of late about electronic ignition for the Sniper, and I have said that the Sniper isn't the friendly system it claims to be, far too intensive to work with, and as far as ignition goes, there is not a viable solution. their dual synch is way, way too expensive, and the trigger only with adjustable rotor is down right primitive. I am also hearing the same for one of the FiTech EFI's, same situation, ignition input does not use a module, only a locked out pickup trigger only.

A couple of people have swapped to th Holley Terminator, and old small diameter stock GM EFI HEI distributor with feed back module, and are seriously happier, their opinions, not mine.

Don't flame me, this is what I put up with every day. I am now doing two International Harvester Sniper setups, and they do not have adjustable rotors, but, I am factoring the rotor phase into the timing as I phase them on the machine. So far, I understand from the callers and emails, that I am the only one that will even consider doing an ignition for a Sniper that ISN'T an MSD trigger for Chevrolet/GM units with adjustable rotor.

Terminator is far better from what I see. I used to work at Holley, Pro-Stock carbs.
Dave (Rufas), I applaud you for making the effort to improve upon a very popular concept to make it even more popular...
Kudos
Brett.....

1969 SS 396 X66 - RS Conversion - TKO600 - 3.73 Posi - Paint Code 71-LeMans Blue

Last edited by Brettallen59; Jul 4th, 19 at 06:00 PM. Reason: typo
post #192 of 209 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 19, 05:01 PM
Team Member
Steve

Garage

Is John going to take a look at this for you?

Steve
1968 that started life and a 6 banger with a PG. Now it's a 350 with a TKO600, Moser 12 bolt, Speedtech LCA/UCA, ATS Tall Spindles, Hotchkis Springs, Forgeline ZX3P, C5 (Kore3) brakes with other cool stuff from Ron Davis, Vintage Air and soon to be Terminator EFI.

post #193 of 209 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 19, 09:00 PM
Apprentice
david

Glad I bought the edlebrock efi pro flo 4th gen. Bolted it on and never a problem. See YouTube search dlk014

1967 base hugger orange 383 stroker
post #194 of 209 (permalink) Old Jul 11th, 19, 09:02 PM
Apprentice
david

Not 3rd gen I got 4th gen

1967 base hugger orange 383 stroker
post #195 of 209 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 19, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Gold Lifetime Member
Milt

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eville View Post
Is John going to take a look at this for you?

At some point, we need to coordinate our schedules. I'm out of town for the next week, so it will have to wait a bit longer. In the meantime I have sent the config file & saved data log to Chris with EFi sytem pro. He thought as others have that it was an electric fan causing interference, but since I don't have that on my car it must be something else. I'm curious to see what he thinks once he views the data log.

Go big, or stay Home!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode