I was able to get my engine running yesterday and actually drove it around the block! My new Tremec shifted gears fine, my newly installed 12 bolt posi rolled the wheels fine and the engine still needs some carb tuning. Both banks of the AFR were working and all of the air/fuel idle screws were effective, yeah! (before they weren't) With my new cam I had better vacuum so I actually adjusted the air/fuel idle screws based on vacuum. I couldn't get the idle to come down, so I turned the screw on the secondary butterfly adjusting screw adapter that I installed and the idle came down! I still need to work the carb by monitoring the AFR. I have read that 14 is a target number? Do not know if this is at idle, WOT or what. I did notice that sometimes when giving it gas it would jump around pretty good. Like up to 60?
So what I have thats new with this setup:
New Holley 750 DP 4150 HP 4.5hg PV
New thinner head gaskets to improve quench: SCE Spartan M13373 .028"
New less aggressive Comp Cams roller hyd. cam spec:
New Innovate LM-2 dual bank AFR
New American Thunder 2.5" exhaust
New Tremec TKO600 Kit from SST - TRG-F1600-64 with new clutch/PP/TB - CLA-STR11
Used 12 bolt posi with 3.73 gears - BU Code
New Moser axles - A123002, Timken (KOYO) bearings
McLeod Aluminum Flywheel - 560130
Cloyes Hex-A-Just Timing Set 9-3110A
Hotchkis Multi-Leaf 1.500 drop Leaf Springs - 2407C
Taylor Ceramic boot Spiro-Pro 8mm plug wires - 75032
CVF Serpentine Belt system - Does not work with AC compressor too high. Waiting on new design bracket. In the interim I was able to modify the Vintage Air Compressor brackets, but still needs a little adjustment.
I still have some playing around with it, but it does sound pretty darn good! Much better than the previous setup. I am pretty happy so far.
I STILL, STILL, STILL have NO BRAKES! I have bled 3 quarts of brake fluid through this system and still do not have but 10% pedal. 2 MC, 2 Dist. blocks, two sets of brake lines, Willwood prop valve underneath drivers seat, rear caliper Wilwood piston o-rings/rebuild. I finally solved the leak issues. My brother in law is going to come over soon and he said we ill work on it till it's fixed. It will be nice to get a second set of eyes on it. Maybe bleed them old school. The other thing that I thought of is the suggestion that you have to tilt the caliper so the air can get to the bleeders. Maybe that's it. Maybe there's air caught up in the corner of the calipers.
Once I get brakes, I will actually be able to go drive!