1Likes
  • 1 Post By MJK-4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 19, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Probationer
Morten

Send a message via MSN to MortenL
Fitech issues

Think some of you guys had this problem also..

Installed Fitech 30012 last year with 95% success on my '69 Camaro rs/ss

Problem 1 (last year)
Last year was that after 2-3+ hours of driving rpm freezing at example 2400rpm only solution was to stop car waiting a few minutes, then car runs okay again for half to 1 hour again, the repeating....
I wasn't able to find problem, except from that i suspect internal linkage to bend because of heat due I tried to unconnect cable and carb wasn't able to shut completely, but only 2-3 time a year I drive for 2+ hours and I didn't have the time in Winter to fix it due education.

Problem 2
This year I mounted electric fan + collected all ground wires from battery terminal other ground places(fender lotations) to 1 isolated block placed hidden in fender to get a more clean look at battery terminals(did the same for battery +)
THEN
When I turn ignition on fuel pump last year it run for 5sec to get fuel pressure and Fitech unit fires 2-3 times(prime shot) to make starting quicker.
TODAY
1 time I turn ignition on pump runs for 10-15sec (controller adjusted to 5sec) and unit fires 5-6times BUT second time I turn ignition after example 10sec pump runs 5sec and unit fires 2-3times as last year where it worked fine.🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔 🤔

I've watched that when unit fires "prime shot" rpm gauge needle jumps, could there be some kind of interference? I don't remember/noticed it did that last year.

Hope some of you American guy has so much knowledge or tried some of it, because knowledge it's limited in my country

Regards
Danish guy
Morten
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 19, 02:27 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G
Re: Fitech issues

no real help on the set up, but will say...if you're using the push-loc fitting/hoses, get hose clamps on them now !

A close buddy just lost a truck (total loss) when a fuel hose came off spraying gas over a warm motor causing a fire under the hood and spread to the cab.

Hose came off once, fitech replaced with a new one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrRVzA5nKdU/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrQVeS5nj2u/

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 18th, 19, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Probationer
Morten

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUG G View Post
no real help on the set up, but will say...if you're using the push-loc fitting/hoses, get hose clamps on them now !

A close buddy just lost a truck (total loss) when a fuel hose came off spraying gas over a warm motor causing a fire under the hood and spread to the cab.

Hose came off once, fitech replaced with a new one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrRVzA5nKdU/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrQVeS5nj2u/
Hi Doug

Thanks for the advice, not sure I understand where you mean? Hoses on car or hoses on Fitech unit since you write buddy got new from Fitech.

but I'm NOT using push-loc style fittings on car, I've been told that this type is not for high pressure systems.

Sorry for your buddy's loss 😢

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 19, 03:37 AM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

this type....his looked to come off at the carb/unit.

68 Camaro~LSx ~all motor
1.54 60'--6.95 @ 98.45 660'--10.96 @ 121.53
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 19th, 19, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Probationer
Morten

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUG G View Post
this type....his looked to come off at the carb/unit.

Hi Doug

Okay, I've checked all OE hoses and they look fine..

Again thanks for the advice
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 19, 06:08 PM
Senior Tech
Mike

Good advice on the fuel lines but lets get back to your problem. I have been running a FiTech system for 3 years. I love it. I live in the United States and drive my car every year from Illinois to the Dream Cruise in Detroit, Michigan. About 300 miles one way. I have never had a problem when driving.

I experienced a problem last year, when I also wanted to clean up the engine compartment. I have a 69, real Z/29 camaro. The car comes from the factory with two ground wires from the firewall to the each valve cover. There are additional grounds from the frame to the front fender wells and some other areas. I removed valve cover ground wires as I did not like the way they looked. After that, the car would buck and not drive well at all. I did everything I new to try and fix the problem. New fuel filter. Checked the ignition timing, distributor cap, rotor, wires and plugs. Still the same problem. I re-installed the ground wires and the problem was gone. Never to come back.

My suggestion is to put the grounds back where they were. Make sure each contact area is clean and the ground is tight. All of this new computer controlled equipment is very sensitive to grounds. Give that a try.

Good luck
Mike
dhutton likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode