Remote Mount HEI Module - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old May 17th, 19, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Mike

Garage
Remote Mount HEI Module

I have been sitting on an “Already Quit” MSD 8360 Distributor for several years. I started to do some research on how to convert a DuraSpark distributor to utilize a remote mount 4 pin HEI module and thought I could do the same to my MSD distributor since they have the same type of magnetic pickup.

I have already removed the internal MSD module/circuit board from the MSD distributor and am in the process of rebuilding this distributor with a remote mount HEI module. Below is the wiring diagram I plan to use.

I just have a couple questions…
1 – I am going to mount the HEI module to a GM #10474610 heat sink and attach to the car’s firewall. Should I keep the HEI module (and wiring) away from the spark plug wires?

2 – Do I still need to use the HEI’s noise suppressor since I will be mounting the HEI module outside of the distributor?

3 – I have some thermal compound left over from a recent laptop fan and heat sink repair I made. The thermal compound is Artic MX-4. Can I use this same thermal compound between the underside of the HEI module and the aluminum heat sink?... or should I use an automotive thermal paste?

These are the components I plan to use:
HEI module – NAPA TP45
Coil – Pertronix Flamethrower II - 45,000 V, Primary Resistance .6 ohms, Oil filled Canister (Part #45011)
Are these ok? Or do recommend something else.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode