Team Camaro Tech banner

Fuel line routing issue (like L78)

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  HawkX66 
#1 ·
I'm pretty aggravated with myself right now. I ordered the L78 pre-bent lines for the fuel feed from the pump to the carb. Z28 lines showed up... So I figured I'd just bend the long one because it's pretty straight. That's when I noticed the feeds to the float bowls from the Y block are 5/16". Bah... I wanted the basically stock look, but I want to run 3/8" the whole way. 5/16" would probably be fine for the two branches, but then I'd need different adapters also.
Does anyone know of a stock looking brass fuel line Y block that is 3/8" in and out? For now I'm having to run a Mallory aluminum Y block and I'm custom bending all three lines.

#4 ·
1966-1972 Corvette Fuel Distributor "Y" Block

1966-1972 (C2, C3) Fuel Distributor "Y" Block
Part #:
25-122346-1
Replacement for OE #: 3886153
Price:
$21.99 ea
Thanks Kevin. That's the same spec as what I have though. 3/8" inlet with two 5/16" outlets. I want 3/8" for all three.

Rick, I hear what you're saying and you're probably right, but I'm running ~550 hp/550 ftlb right now which will increase over time. Our specs are pretty close by the looks of it, but I'd feel more comfortable with 3/8" all the way around. That's why basic fuel logs are generally all 3/8". I run my car pretty hard when I'm playing. I'll end up at the 1/4 mile with it.

#7 ·
I had a problem with the 5/16 fittings weaking. Both at the float and at the y-block. I was able to get 3/8's lines and y-block from Steve's Camaro's in San Bruno. Steve's is no longer in business but the 3/8 setup must be out there. It's a common problem with repo parts.

Reactions: HawkX66
#8 ·
I have both the 3/8 and the 5/16, no difference. I use the5/16 on the original carb and the 3/8 on the other 2

I found the 3/8 on eBay some time ago, but could not find them the last time I looked

Reactions: HawkX66
#13 ·
My apologies Don. You nailed it! I saw it said for stock set up and thought it was the same one I'd been seeing. Thanks!

Reactions: allanjs
#15 ·
At onetime I found a guy on eBay that sold the 3/8x3/8x3/8 with the lines to the carb as well. I cannot find anyone that has these pre bent, anybody know where to find them?

#16 ·
Hey Jeff. I looked pretty extensively and couldn't find anything. It was relatively easy to bend up the 3/8" brake line and flare the steel fittings. I needed the fitting that we talked about here as well as a 3/8" npt inverted flare female to 3/8" npt male fitting which was as tough to track down as the T fitting in this thread. I needed that one to go from the fuel line I bent to my fuel pressure regulator which I have mounted in place of my mechanical fuel pump.
The only thing I would like to have done better was the bend from the fitting to the float bowls. A longer curve would have been better, but without filling the tube with sand and coming up with a form to bend it around it wasn't easily happening. I'm happy with how it came out. Now to strip all that foolish looking powder coat off the body and bowls...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.