Team Camaro Tech banner

Holley Terminator Throttle Body compatibility with Fuel Tank Module

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Brettallen59 
#1 · (Edited)
My TB-Holley P/N 534-216 has two fittings for fuel. Problem is the manual says I cant't make them both inputs. One has to be out to a return line regulator. Problem is my fuel pump is Holley P/N 12-300, in Tank pump with internal regulator.

This is the one I have;

This one will allow two inputs;

I really only have two options; Sell the 534-216 and purchase P/N 534-225 or 534-226 TB for $900 or $1000 that allows me to use both ports as inputs, or just use both fittings I have now as inputs & "Dead Head" it.

As long as the TB sees the correct fuel pressure, I don't see how it would matter if one port was either plugged or both were inputs.

Now, My car is an SS, so I do have a return line in place. I could configure the TB to have a return line. But I don't know how it should be configured back at the tank. Just hook it up to the return line where it just dumps back into the tank?

I do have two in line filters; a 100 micron and a 10 micron.

If I do use the return line, is there any reason to put a filter on it and if so which micron?

Brett....

See less See more
#2 ·
If fuel module is supplying fuel at the correct psi you should be able to use the one you have and plug the return port.

I do Snipers this way with the Corvette regulators and it works fine. Also have done Fitech and Fast this way.

#3 · (Edited)
Alright John. I was hoping you would reply. Now, would you plug it, or run inputs into both ports? I would rather do two inputs. that way the pressure would be better equalized as opposed to having one input and fuel just stopping at the other end. Your thoughts?

Brett....

#4 ·
If you were to run it with a return line the regulator is basically the plug that hold the fuel pressure at the desired psi by stopping the fuel at the other end.

I don’t see any advantage to running dual inputs. However I don’t see any disadvantage either.

#5 ·
Keep it simple. No need for dual inputs imho...

Don

#6 ·
I’m planning to run my terminator “dead head” with corvette ffr. I don’t see any benefit to dual inputs.

Keep in mind the terminator system was designed for designed to run at 43 psi. Your fuel pump is regulated at 58psi like the ffr. You’ll need to adjust supplied fuel pressure in the software.

#7 ·
Steve, help me out. What is "ffr"? Thx....
Okay, I will dead head it and adjust the software (when it's time) for the fuel pressure difference.

Thanks all!

Brett.....

#11 ·
I have run into an Effing problem! Mu old fuel line coming out of the old tank sending unit was a 3/8" I purchased all 3/8" line and AN fittings and Earls 255 psi hose. The hard line comes out of the tank and matches right up in the location of the original hard line. All I had to do was put a 3" long piece of Earls hose from one line to the other.....

.......The new Holley 12-300 Integrated in-tank fuel pump comes out of the tank with a 5/16" hard line!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!

Brett....

#12 ·
I think (hope) I got it without building some messed up adapter configuration. The end of the tube has been necked down. About an inch back, before the bend, there was another ridged hump for a 3/8". I was able to slip the Earls EFI hose past the second, larger hump and crimped a clamp behind it. Even tho the specs say the inlet tube is 5/16", the video shows a guy sliding 3/8" hose onto the tube! The tube is definitely too small for 3/8" hose, at least at the first 1" of it.

Brett......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.