I NEED HELP!..Im out of ideas! - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old May 6th, 05, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
James

Send a message via Yahoo to james7773
I NEED HELP!..Im out of ideas!

OK, The install on the 327 is done. Im trying to start it up, but I get no spark. Well, i take that back...I got spark once when I turned the key off! The dist. is a Mallory, and it has 2 wires coming out of it. One red, and one Black. I assume these go to the pos and neg sides of the coil. I have the wire from the starter hooked to the pos side of the coil, and still no spark. Ive posted some pictures of the setup on my car on my signature link. The album it titled HELP! Ive also replaced the coil figureing that was bad. Still nothing. oh yeah..I do have 12vlts to the coil with the key on. Anyone..please..I have no idea what to do now.
Thanks, James

My 67 RS 327...its a work in progress.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old May 6th, 05, 06:56 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

Re: I NEED HELP!..Im out of ideas!

I just wonder if you got the wrong side of the starter for dist power? You might need to check that you are coming off the solenoid. check the factory routing on this ,,, Got Resistor?

Don
TC # 349
Zdld17:69 Z/RS,306, NOR141111, 9N554XXX, 12A, X3G, 59/59,723, AFR 195,CCC282/290HR, TKO 600, BU1122B1E Owner since Dec 1968

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old May 6th, 05, 07:42 PM
Senior Tech

Re: I NEED HELP!..Im out of ideas!

I lost the direcitons to my Mallory distrubtor and I called them. The compay was very helpful and sent me a wiring diagram. My car is in the paint shop so I do not have it to look at.

67 Camaro with 388 with Edleborck RPM heads, Air Gap, CC 282S, Tremec TKO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode