Zoops! - Team Camaro Tech
Engine General Engine Discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 10th, 05, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Ray

Thumbs down Zoops!

Finally got my new small block in the 67. Went to install my fan belts and noticed the pulleys do not line up. I reused my same brackets but installed aluminum pulleys.My 3 groove crank pulley sticks out 1/8"! I double checked to make sure my ati balancer was all the way in and it was.

I shimmed my alternator out. Then pulled the flange on my water pump out 1/8" That solved the inner groove. The middle groove will require some work on my a/c bracket. The outer crank groove (power steering) is actually a hair in.

At this point I dug up my old gm pulleys and double checked everything with straight edge and calipers. Turns out the new zoops forgelite pulley I got is the problem! Any body got the same problem with zoops?

straight edge is on the balancer side of pulley:

Looks like I may be reusing my old stuff, home summit takes it back.

Now I gotta press my water pump flange back in 1/8"! Do I need to remove the back cover and support shaft/impeller assy.? It is a stage 3 stewart components pump with a set screw on the flange that locks to shaft.

Thanks in advance, Ray

sbc, short water pump, vintage air, factory power steering, alt on driver side
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 05, 10:19 AM
Senior Tech

Re: Zoops!

A buddy of mine had the same problem on a 454 in his 69 I believe he used his old pulleys.

69 X11 Basket Case
C5 wheels/brakes,Hotchkis,ADDCO,MOOG
69 chevelle
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 05, 02:08 PM
Tech Team
Wally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzor
Finally got my new small block in the 67. Went to install my fan belts and noticed the pulleys do not line up. I reused my same brackets but installed aluminum pulleys.My 3 groove crank pulley sticks out 1/8"! I double checked to make sure my ati balancer was all the way in and it was.

I shimmed my alternator out. Then pulled the flange on my water pump out 1/8" That solved the inner groove. The middle groove will require some work on my a/c bracket. The outer crank groove (power steering) is actually a hair in.

At this point I dug up my old gm pulleys and double checked everything with straight edge and calipers. Turns out the new zoops forgelite pulley I got is the problem! Any body got the same problem with zoops?

straight edge is on the balancer side of pulley:

Looks like I may be reusing my old stuff, home summit takes it back.

Now I gotta press my water pump flange back in 1/8"! Do I need to remove the back cover and support shaft/impeller assy.? It is a stage 3 stewart components pump with a set screw on the flange that locks to shaft.

Thanks in advance, Ray

sbc, short water pump, vintage air, factory power steering, alt on driver side
I have Zoops stuff on my 67 chevelle, it's dirt simple single groove stuff, perfect fit.

I talked to these guys a lot before I plunked down the cash, they seem like square guys to deal with. I would cantact them and send the picture to them, I'm betting they will make it right.

Gold 67
M.C.C. 559
1967 Malibu
1971 Malibu

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by muncieman; Sep 11th, 05 at 05:32 PM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Sep 11th, 05, 04:40 PM
Senior Tech

can't beat the factory engineered stuff for fit and function.

you don't plan sincerity.
you have to make it up on the spot.

wanna hear about 20 years ago when i was too smart to know any better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode